Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 16 posts.
01:06 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
Third Eye Blind / Stephan
User Info.
hi everybody! here i go answering questions, but before i do, let me tell you a little bout the last 15 minutes. so i'm sitting outside the bowery hotel where i'm staying and all these pappperazzzzziiii gather and get ready and then lindsay lohan walks out looking quite put out and they follow her down the street crashing into things. then she walks back into the hotel and they all leave. i really don't know what to make of it.
01:10 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
to kappa 73 -- do i have a fav track from ursa major?

well kinda. i really feel the most complete and ignited (whatever that means) from dao, water landing, why can't you be. i also continue to have my head bang from can you take me.
01:14 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
to fallout punch-- insight on writing process?

i have no fucking idea how to get into a writing process really. i know that i respond to songs that create some kind of atmosphere that provokes, that creates an inner landscape. when that condition is present in me, i just try to account for it in music. i try.

i also know that i do much better when i am not judging myself. there should be something emotionally erotic in music and that happens in a state of trust, or at least in a state where you do not care what anyone thinks because you know what the sound you have in your heart demands to be heard.

does that help?
01:18 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
to deezee-- what's in my ipod.

passion pit, minus the bear, animal collective, bat for lashes, mew. i am also listening to some old songs that i think would be good for an album of covers that we might some time. i'd like to cover jameraquois -- deeper underground. that song is so funky!
01:24 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
hulteen-- when are you guys doing a national tour.

well my friend we are going to start a tour for six weeks in october. its going to be so great as spirits are very high in the band and we feel very connected to all of you. here are some things we are thinking about:

brad willl have his drums up front. we are going to be taking our beloved lee on tour and she will be playing keys and guitar which will allow us to expand the sound a lot. she will not be playing all the time as she plans to wear an enormous amount of makeup so she will have to take some time to re apply.

lee will also be doing a weekly horescope on 3eb.com

we are also planning lots of lights and video in hopes that we can tell the story of ursa major through stars and such. think a planetarium vibe , if you will.
01:28 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
to mloves 3eb WHAT'S THE INSPIRATION FOR ABOUT TO BREAK

this one of those more sign of the time songs. i feel very provoked by the times we're in and i feel like we are on the cusp of major change, that this delerium that we all in our own ways have been living under is going to lift.

i only write from an emotional perspective but in this case the emotion comes from outer things. i can't wait for everything to completely change i do not fear it.
01:31 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
chris -- WILL WE EVER GET A LIVE ALBUM

yes you will chris! thanks for asking. we have it all recorded from the period after the filmore show two years ago, but then we decided that we wanted to make the new music first. i think i want to give away some of those songs for free on 3eb.com.

anyway, here's the plan: put our ursa minor and have it go along with ursa major, then maybe an homage album (covers) then the live album. something like that. i feel more confident and sure of doing these things than ever, thanks in large part to you all!
01:35 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
to ignite the web. GUN METAL ROCK CRAFT

i like the phrase and thanks for your praise. when you say finely crafted, i get a little nervous because i want to record more like a sketch right now than something over worked. i'm trying to catch a spirit in a track, a moment, more than an ultimate recording that might risk being anemic. still i think that carnival barker which has snippit has the most involved guitar work we've every done. also there is all kinds oflayering on can you take me. ahh tony he rocks balls!
01:38 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
to mike- CARNIVAL BARKER ON MINOR?

yes it will be on minor with lyrics. a carnival barker is the guy outside the tent shouting at everyone to take a dare and come on in to the freak show. i see it as someone walking up the street in north beach in san francisco where those guys are standing out side the burlesque show barking at the world.
01:41 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
to brand new- FAVORITE SONG I'VE EVER WRITTEN.

i haven't written it yet but it's right around the corner! in the meantime, dao, god of wine, slow motion, water landing... palm reader, wounded. i'm fond of many of them.
01:45 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
to smash adams--KIMYA DAWSON VERSION OF WHY CAN'T YOU BE

that reminds me! another favorite song of mine is 'self righteous.' if's got such a heavy vibe and it comes from kimya. we've known each other for a long time since arion turned me on to the moldy peaches.

she called me and asked me to if she could use one of my songs and i said yes if she would sing with me again and ta da!

i like her version too. she is so unique and genuine and real. muahhh
01:48 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
running fool - DO YOU THINK YOUR ALBUMS HAVE GOTTEN BETTER EACH TIME?

i don't know. i find moments that stand out as being more genuine on some places than others. i do believe that our next album will be our best, i truly believe that.
01:54 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
tanya - CHARITY PROJECT?

thanks for asking tanya. yes i hope you all will check out my charity store that i am putting together called the true meaning (of giving). it's a holiday pop up store that will open for the holidays. in it you will find gifts that give people who experience extreme poverty the tools to move out of it. do your holiday shopping there and make the world go round!!

the true meaning will be the charity we work on through out the whole of the ursa major era. as it were.
01:58 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
to shelz -- BONFIRE VIDEO?

well, i would like to get wes anderson to direct it. do any of you know him? he did the royal tanenmbaums and i like his whole retro vibe. other than that, i directed the don't believe a word video with my friend jay blakesburg and i am happy with that video so i might direct the next one.
02:11 PM on 09/10/09
Stephan Jenkins
User Info.
to gabbag- WHAT DO YOU THINK OF ASSEMBLY NOW AND IN THE FUTURE?

well that's a fine question to close on. asembly as many of you know is the social network of 3eb.com and it's premise is people finging themselves and eachother through a common joy in music.

i worked hard to get it together and i think it's off to a good start. i like to check in on it everyday and i try to answer all of the mail i get. i wish i could blog more often than once a week. i get a lot out of it and i think it's brought me way closer to all of you. i like the idea of the community getting closer . i like the idea of people who engage our music participating in the community that forms around it rather than just receving what they are given.

in the future, i really want to have a chat room going. that's a must. i would like to see more stars arise like mephistopheles who have shped a lot of the content on the site.

third eye blind is about identity and i want more people to share in in creating it on the site.

i would like more mischief. i like kindness and chaos. i like pranks and pranksters. i like some causing of some fucking trouble.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums