AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
07:47 AM on 09/30/09
aealeman
User Info.
This album was a huge let down for me, there were only 4 songs I liked on it. I found most of the album to be about how they almost broke up. I would have personally gave it a 65%.

www.audiocoke.blogspot.com
Dead on. Someone also said that the lyrics are immature, and I have to agree. This crap about them "maturing" is a farce. The lyrics are not more mature, they're childish and bitter. I can't relate to their band drama, and I don't want to hear about it in a song. Also, her vocals are not nearly as good as they were on the previous two albums. At this point, she's straining. She often sounds as if she's shouting to hit the notes and during softer parts she sounds awkward. She needs to sing within her range because when she does she's wonderful. Singing improperly is going to wreck her voice for the rest of her life.
08:53 AM on 09/30/09
aealeman
User Info.
I don't think we're listening to the same record. These are easily her best vocals. I also don't understand how she sounds "awkward" in softer parts. Misguided Ghost is a very soft and mellow song and her voice sounds beautiful.
She does not sound comfortable to me in "Misguided Ghosts." Of course, I hate the song so that doesn't help. Anyway, I'm not trying to convince anyone otherwise, I'm just putting in my two-cents. For the first time her voice feels grating and annoying to me.
12:38 PM on 09/30/09
aealeman
User Info.
agreed. and all this talk about "the only exception," i don't get it. the song would have sounded so much better if it were simpler. they tried to do way too much to the song. everything sounds forced when the entire band comes in (kind of like the second movement in Jack's Mannequin's "Caves"), and in general, the song just sounds contrived and overdone.
I'm glad someone else had some sense. "The Only Exception" is basically a rip-off of the entire Coldplay album "Parachutes." Anyone who doesn't hear that is delusional. Have you seen their performance on Conan? I'm afraid someone thinks she's Gwen Stefani.
03:13 PM on 09/30/09
aealeman
User Info.
I still can't shut up about how much "Turn It Off" sound like Vedera. I love it.

After several listens, I can say that I really enjoy this album. I don't think it's as immediately catchy as Riot! is, but after it grows on you, it's a solid record, maybe their most solid.
Please don't insult Vedera in that manner. It sounds nothing like Vedera; at all. Don't put them in the same class.
03:14 PM on 09/30/09
aealeman
User Info.
This album is awesome.

However I do find myself thinking that certain riffs and such are from other songs or have been done before.... but for some reason it still feels and sounds new. I still love this band.
That's because they did rip off plenty of other bands.
08:42 AM on 10/03/09
aealeman
User Info.
the lyrics aren't that great
This.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives