Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
06:35 AM on 09/30/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
Careful and Misguided Ghosts are so good. This is easily Hayley's best vocal effort to date.
08:43 AM on 09/30/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
Dead on. Someone also said that the lyrics are immature, and I have to agree. This crap about them "maturing" is a farce. The lyrics are not more mature, they're childish and bitter. I can't relate to their band drama, and I don't want to hear about it in a song. Also, her vocals are not nearly as good as they were on the previous two albums. At this point, she's straining. She often sounds as if she's shouting to hit the notes and during softer parts she sounds awkward. She needs to sing within her range because when she does she's wonderful. Singing improperly is going to wreck her voice for the rest of her life.

I don't think we're listening to the same record. These are easily her best vocals. I also don't understand how she sounds "awkward" in softer parts. Misguided Ghost is a very soft and mellow song and her voice sounds beautiful.
08:56 AM on 09/30/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
She does not sound comfortable to me in "Misguided Ghosts." Of course, I hate the song so that doesn't help. Anyway, I'm not trying to convince anyone otherwise, I'm just putting in my two-cents. For the first time her voice feels grating and annoying to me.
We can just agree to disagree, my feelings are pretty much the exact opposite, and I've never been a big Paramore fan. I'm very impressed with this release.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos