Username
Password

Album Review - Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 182.
06:01 PM on 09/30/09
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
Aah, I can't wait to hear the new Relient K. I'm holding out until the physical copy's in my hands. The clips did sound amazing though.

I've just been confused about The Dangerous Summer since their album came out. They made an album full of repepitive pop-punk songs that held too much of a resemblance to The Starting Line. Pop-punk isn't necessarily supposed to be groundbreaking or sound completely new with each band, but I just felt Reach for the Sun had nothing to garner the kind of praise this site gave it. Paramore delievered a somewhat diverse album and showed progression for the whole band. I just feel like this site's got it wrong sometimes about what's an amazing album and what's a medeocre album, but it's all opinion. My opinion is probably complete garbage to a ton of the users on here.

Sorry for the verbal vomit. Again, great review. I always love reading your reviews and your style of writing.
They definitely have room to grow as a band, and I think they've found their sound, per se, but haven't quite ran with it yet. But I do hear something really fresh and poignant about Reach for the Sun. Although, I'm a bit biased since they're a hometown band.

The Starting Line similarities are impossible to ignore when it comes to AJ's vocals, although I think they're at least starting on their own path instrumentally.

Relient K is so good! You'll love it. I never got into the band before, and then I gave this album a go. It's golden.
06:03 PM on 09/30/09
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
They definitely have room to grow as a band, and I think they've found their sound, per se, but haven't quite ran with it yet. But I do hear something really fresh and poignant about Reach for the Sun. Although, I'm a bit biased since they're a hometown band.

The Starting Line similarities are impossible to ignore when it comes to AJ's vocals, although I think they're at least starting on their own path instrumentally.

Relient K is so good! You'll love it. I never got into the band before, and then I gave this album a go. It's golden.
Have you heard Mmmhmm or Five Score? Those two are both great as well.
06:10 PM on 09/30/09
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
Have you heard Mmmhmm or Five Score? Those two are both great as well.
Minimally. Guess I should start now. I dunno how long this pop kick will last though, hah.
06:12 PM on 09/30/09
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Minimally. Guess I should start now. I dunno how long this pop kick will last though, hah.
Personally, I still love those two. The last track on FSASYA will fly right by despite being over ten minutes, just like Chris said.
06:42 PM on 09/30/09
zubinmoosa
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV
User Info.
Still haven't given this the light of day. I need to for sure though
06:47 PM on 09/30/09
symbiote28
Be Human
User Info.
awesome review. love this album.
06:57 PM on 09/30/09
JustGoInCircles
April
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Love the album. Though as a musician (and one who's only been playing for a few years even :p), listening to it, I feel there are some things missing. Obviously every musician is different but there would've been some things I would've added to it as far as the guitar goes. The verses in the last track were amazing and they should've taken advantage of that more by adding more to it. Overall it's a great album though, not what I expected at all but predictable is boring so it's all good.
07:01 PM on 09/30/09
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
That song these guys did for Twilight.. "How did we get heey errrr?". That song is fucking annoying. This album? I'll enjoy it, because I'll buy it for the gf as a gift and be out of the shit for a couple of days.
08:25 PM on 09/30/09
ExplodingStereo
User Info.

I really do enjoy some of the songs (I actually used "Where I Want to Be" for a project in my Religion class, probably my favorite project I've done in a long while) and AJ writes some amazing lyrics, but I just can't listen for more than 10 minutes without thinking of TSL. I really do hear potential in them, but all this talk I hear of RFTS being a potential Album of the Year is a little over the top. As for Relient K, been a fan for ages now and have always been pretty impressed. For an upbeat, pop-punk band, they have yet to get really stale at what they do.
08:49 PM on 09/30/09
lauren1234
Registered Member
User Info.
After watching the making of the album dvd that came with the deluxe edition I can't really say anything bad about this album. The dvd, some what, explains the songs and why they are what they are. They did this album for them. They needed to get out what they where feeling about everything that was going on. Sure, we can't really relate to band drama but not all of the songs are about that.They are proud of this album and I am proud of this album for what it is.I like that there are slow songs. When I heard the album was going to be "darker" I thought that meant heavier but I was wrong. I like the mixture of sounds. I, personally, rate this album somewhere around a 92.
11:52 PM on 09/30/09
StevenK
User Info.
Good review but have to disagree on Misguided Ghosts. I think it catches one offguard but its not outside the realm of a song Paramore could write. The think the other acoustic song on the track sounds more awkwardly out of place than Misguided Ghosts. I do think this record is more "mature" than Riot!. Better lyrics. Better melodies. More consistency song to song. (I do think Riot! showcased better drums though). There are nice tweaks to the standard pop song structure like in the outro to Turn it Off and Looking Up. Overall, great album. The only song I'm not a fan of is Where the Lines Overlap and I wish the beginning of All I Wanted kept its subtle vibe throughout.
11:59 PM on 09/30/09
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
If you learn to spell, then people might take you moar seriously.
haha moar??? nice spelling idiot, go lecture someone else.
12:00 AM on 10/01/09
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.

Are you really that stupid?
your just bias.
03:28 AM on 10/01/09
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
Enjoyed the review.
06:01 AM on 10/01/09
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
User Info.
You make some good points -- can't say the album entirely sold me on the band, however it's their first record I don't mind listening to from beginning to end. I think the lyrics and vocals have improved enough where I can take them seriously. If not for Hayley, it wouldn't be much to rave about though.
Exactly how I feel about it.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News