|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Bad Rabbits - (singer)
1. How did you get your band name?
From this singer/songwriter/genius/idiot savant Gavin Castleton. He had a song called "BAD RABBITS" and when we toured with him, he played it and we were his backing band. We loved the song so named our band that.
2. How did this band get started?
We were all fed up of all the bitch made bands out there, Eespecially the Eclectic Collective (all 5 of us used to be in the Eclectic Collective). We are also Slick Rick's live backing band which has helped us get out there.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
At the drive-in, Michael Jackson, Prince, glassjaw,Morris Day and the Time, Chubb Rock, Slick Rick, Dillinger Escape Plan, N.E.R.D., Sly Stone, your Mom, deftones, Gnarl's Barkley, Bobby Brown, etc.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Prince, Michael Jackson. Just to see would win in a bar fight slap-fest. N.E.R.D. because I think they would dig us and we wouldn't mind hollering at some of their groupies.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
If I were a furry animal I would be a lion. So I could kill you.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Cause we aren't bitch made.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I dunno. I play real games like Grand Theft Auto, Madden, NBA live.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
God, my Momma and Pop, haters, and last but no least all the bitch made bands that made this possible.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Labels not taking enough risks in bands that are willing to take risks musically, socially and culturally. Everyone looks, acts and sounds the same these days.
10. Memorable tour experience?
When a chick thought I was Salim and her friend beasted out on me calling me all types of names which I feel too uncomfortable to reiterate. Also, when I shat out of our moving RV window because I had diarrhea and I couldn't hold it.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Just an awesome source for music news and up and coming bands, as well as a great community of listeners, fans, friends and bands.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Anything by Prince, Michael Jackson, Sly Stone, or Radiohead.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
If i had a super power it would be the power to stop you from asking questions like this one.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Hell No! You see me in a Audi A8 yet?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm not about to tell you that.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
MLK day....because all the TV networks play their 'We Love Black People' shows.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Make music with my band.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can beat a man to death with an SM 58 beta.
10:29 AM on 10/10/09
This band is managed by my old manager, sick as fuck. They deserve more respect then most shit out there. Watch them blow up and hopefully change some things around this industry.
01:41 PM on 10/10/09
I always thought, "Hey, Bad Rabbits is a Gavin Castleton song. But that dude doesn't get enough respect. What are the chances a band named themselves after a song?"
but oh shit, THEY DID!
Ima check these guys out now.
12:40 PM on 10/21/09
One of the best bands around right now in the Boston area....Everyone should check them out. I had no idea they were a backup band for Gavin Gastleton, awesome.
08:13 PM on 11/11/09
When I get home I'll get high alone
this band is awesome!! they could definitely be huge!