AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Info. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Chris And Arthur CANT

Posted by - 08:51 PM on 10/13/09
Check out the song "Ghosts" by Chris Taylor (Grizzly Bear) and Arthur Russell and read more about their project in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
08:53 PM on 10/13/09
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Brooklyn-based Terrible Records, formed by Chris Taylor of Grizzly Bear, and Ethan Silverman, are offering their first release, CANT, out today. CANT is the title of Taylor's first solo release, "Ghosts," and is coupled with a previously unreleased song recorded by Arthur Russell in the late '70's, called "Come To Life" (courtesy of Audika Records).

CANT is the first in a series of 7-inches recorded at Terrible Studios. The series will continue with songs produced by Taylor, recorded at his church-studio in Brooklyn where Taylor produced much of the latest Grizzly Bear record, Veckatimist. The CANT 7-inch release is limited to 1000 copies and is out today, available at the label's website and select retailers.

In conjunction with its first release, Terrible Records is offering a free mp3 download of Taylor's track "Ghosts" for a limited time, and have announced their CMJ Showcase at Pianos on Friday, Oct. 23rd.
10:27 PM on 10/13/09
maffy
User Info.
just about anything that involves or includes Grizzly Bear is good news in my books.

...except that damn, "Twilight: New Moon".
05:01 AM on 10/14/09
Lueda Alia
User Info.
just about anything that involves or includes Grizzly Bear is good news in my books.

...except that damn, "Twilight: New Moon".
Hahaha. I'm sure you can tolerate it!
10:45 PM on 10/14/09
lovelesscrux
(wanted with the southside)
User Info.
loving this song!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles