Username
Password

Album Review - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 105 of 124.
09:01 PM on 10/27/09
cacophonous
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
93%? Maybe I'm missing something. This album was slightly disappointing to me. While it's incredibly balanced, none of the songs grab you like the best 4-5 songs on both So Jealous an The Con. "Hell" is the only great song on the record. On top, of that the vocal passion and emotionality is nowhere near what it is on any previous T&S albums. I'd be closer to around a 70-75% and I LOVE T&S.
I'm with you. In fact, I liked it even less. I wish I was hearing what everyone else seems to be hearing.
10:36 PM on 10/27/09
Romancebled
Sleep underground tonight...
User Info.
An avatar like that speaks volumes about you. Nice choice. :)
thanks man.
10:54 PM on 10/27/09
Auals
studiocity.bandcamp.com
User Info.
93%? Maybe I'm missing something. This album was slightly disappointing to me. While it's incredibly balanced, none of the songs grab you like the best 4-5 songs on both So Jealous an The Con. "Hell" is the only great song on the record. On top, of that the vocal passion and emotionality is nowhere near what it is on any previous T&S albums. I'd be closer to around a 70-75% and I LOVE T&S.
Oh, I loved the con. Songs like Nineteen are full of awesome. But this album has some great ones too. They don't really hit until you listen to it a few times. Northshore hit me first, it's just wow. The night watch. Hell obviously. On Directing was my least favourite, yet it's stuck in my head this album keeps growing on me.
05:03 AM on 10/28/09
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Totally agree.
10:09 AM on 10/28/09
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
I was never previously a fan, or that familiar with their material. It sounds alright - but more straightforward, safe indie fare done well if you ask me. I'm trying to engage with it more, but I'm having difficulty truly connecting with the tunes aside from "yeah, that's pretty good." I tend to find myself getting more into the music and droning out the relative monotony of the vocal performances. The lyrics are good, but as some have said, their seems to be a lack of passion in the presentation.
11:45 AM on 10/28/09
Sic Transit Zeb
User Info.
A guy picks up an album. It is of his favorite all time band. He reviews the album. Of course it comes out in the 90%-100% range. Now an impartial person picks up the same album never before hearing this band or even of them. Writes a review. It comes out 90% - 100%. Whose review is more accurate?
If they both have the same score range, that would only make the biased review seem more valid.
12:08 PM on 10/28/09
KillyourIdols88
Standing on the Edge of Summer
User Info.
what is a Reviewer Tilt?
01:01 PM on 10/28/09
YoTengoRabbi
Black Metal Jesus
User Info.
Good album... just felt they didn't live up to my expectations with this release.
I really like it... but I was hoping they would out-do The Con... which they proved is a near impossible feat.
04:35 PM on 10/28/09
xjulianx89
Play that tune
User Info.
I just recently got into The Con. I plan on picking this up tomorrow.

They seem to be really good live..
04:51 PM on 10/28/09
andresr200
let's put that to rest
User Info.
AOTY nominee! Along with The Dangerous Summer and Thrice
04:58 PM on 10/28/09
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
I had never heard them before this album, but this is definitely in the running for my AOTY. It's simply incredible.
05:37 PM on 10/28/09
tpnations
Tired and wired we ruin too easy...
User Info.
Is this a good album to start with? Been meaning to get into them for a while.
06:31 PM on 10/28/09
xjulianx89
Play that tune
User Info.
Is this a good album to start with? Been meaning to get into them for a while.
Well, everyone told me to start with The Con, which is what I started with. Been listening to it constantly since.
06:32 PM on 10/28/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
Oh, I loved the con. Songs like Nineteen are full of awesome. But this album has some great ones too. They don't really hit until you listen to it a few times. Northshore hit me first, it's just wow. The night watch. Hell obviously. On Directing was my least favourite, yet it's stuck in my head this album keeps growing on me.
Although I like this record, no track on it can touch Nineteen for me.
06:55 PM on 10/28/09
tpnations
Tired and wired we ruin too easy...
User Info.
Well, everyone told me to start with The Con, which is what I started with. Been listening to it constantly since.
Many thanks.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News