Stephen Jerzak
Kill Paradise
Fight Fair

Dec. 7th // Monday

This Is Hell
Murdock
Modernhell
Roaming Cloud

And they're worried about The Black Dahlia Murder and Toxic Holocaust?
01:12 PM on 10/28/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
Parents need to be parents. If you don't want your kid to go, tell them they can't go. That's all there is to it. However, the kind of kids who would be going to see this show are cetainly the older crowd(not 13-14 year old kids) and aren't really that impressionable. I hate that whole idea that kids are impressionable. When you're 16, you do what you do because you want to, not because someone else is doing it. It's not like your 11 years old again.
01:42 PM on 10/28/09
asherlee
limerick master
User Info.
I think the real question here is why are two "satanic metal" bands willing to play at a Christian-run venue?
02:58 PM on 10/28/09
KyroKyro
User Info.
it sounds like the devil and god are raging inside them.
04:47 PM on 10/28/09
SexyJeff
Pfft. This Is Dildos
User Info.
I didn't know Rocketown was a Christian venue. I wonder if the dad knows that there are "dark sounding" Christian bands

Probably not. He's just another crazy ignorant religious wackjob. His taste in music probably falls somewhere between Jesse McCartney and the Jonas Brothers. haha
06:07 PM on 10/28/09
dddaniel
Babies Don't Like Blue Anymore
User Info.
In the video there's a closure in moscow poster on the wall where the lady is being interviewed. win.
07:33 PM on 10/28/09
chrismtsu01
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have seen many great shows at Rocketown and I am proud that its a "Christian" venue. I am not a fan of the satanic metal but I won't bitch about them showing up, I will just not give them my money and prove my point that way.
10:01 PM on 10/28/09
NotEmo.JustMe
Compulsive Night Owl
User Info.
Thanks for writing this. The area I'm in doesn't really have a problem with shows being unsafe but I can still appreciate a venue like this.
No problem. I generally don't write posts that long, but this really irked me and since I'm at this place several times a year, I figured I could add my two cents in.
10:02 PM on 10/28/09
NotEmo.JustMe
Compulsive Night Owl
User Info.
I have seen many great shows at Rocketown and I am proud that its a "Christian" venue. I am not a fan of the satanic metal but I won't bitch about them showing up, I will just not give them my money and prove my point that way.
^^^This times five.
10:12 PM on 10/28/09
NotEmo.JustMe
Compulsive Night Owl
User Info.
Parents need to be parents. If you don't want your kid to go, tell them they can't go. That's all there is too it. However, the kind of kids who would be going to see this show are cetainly the older crowd(not 13-14 year old kids) and aren't really that impressionable. I hate that whole idea that kids are impressionable. When you're 16, you do what you do because you want to, not because someone else is doing it. It's not like your 11 years old again.
I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be facetious or sound like a smart alec, but 16 years do a lot of things because other people are doing it. Up until you're about 25, your cerebral cortex (the part of your brain that helps you make decisions) isn't even fully developed. I happen to think 16 year olds can be EXTREMELY impressionable, why else would kids start doing drugs or drinking when they're around that age?

But hey, maybe you did do things because YOU wanted to so good for you! I can't say this is the case for every single teenager out there, but I'm willing to let it be known that I am influenced by what people do around me and I'm okay with it.
10:16 PM on 10/28/09
NotEmo.JustMe
Compulsive Night Owl
User Info.
I don't want to sound like a dick, but if you still believe in god in 2009, there is something wrong with you

I'm sorry, but you saying 'I don't want to sound like a dick' does not make the end of that sentence any less offensive.
05:11 AM on 10/29/09
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
I'm sorry, but you saying 'I don't want to sound like a dick' does not make the end of that sentence any less offensive.
offensive, or true?

no, you're right though, I probably shouldn't have said that
07:16 PM on 10/29/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be facetious or sound like a smart alec, but 16 years do a lot of things because other people are doing it. Up until you're about 25, your cerebral cortex (the part of your brain that helps you make decisions) isn't even fully developed. I happen to think 16 year olds can be EXTREMELY impressionable, why else would kids start doing drugs or drinking when they're around that age?

But hey, maybe you did do things because YOU wanted to so good for you! I can't say this is the case for every single teenager out there, but I'm willing to let it be known that I am influenced by what people do around me and I'm okay with it.
Maybe I'm just the exception to the rule then. There is nothing that I do because "everyone else is doing it". However, I think there are far more teenagers like myself than most would like to lead on to. And even if the majority of kids this age are influenced to make decisions(whether they be good or negative ones), I'm willing to bet that influence only pushed them closer to making that decision, not necessarily giving them a whole new mindset.
10:40 PM on 11/02/09
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
Goddamnit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT