AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Queen City Station - 08.20.09

Queen City Station - 08.20.09

Interviewed by
Queen City Station - 08.20.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Queen City Station
(Nick Brooks)

1. How did you get your band name?
Zak and I (Nick) were drunk one night trying to come up with names for our band which didn't exist at the time (as I was still in It Dies Today) and then when we actually got together a year or two later it stuck.

2. How did this band get started?
I got home from doing a tour with Silverstein and was fired/quit my old band It Dies Today. So literally ten minutes after that I called up Zak and told him to move back home from Washington and we started the band in his basement with one of our other friends and two dudes I found on the buffalo hardcore message board.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
ramones, springsteen, dylan, the replacements, ryan adams, the clash, rancid, lucero, conor oberst, the hold steady.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?

I'd like to tour with anyone to be honest. But specifically, lucero, the hold steady, the boss, wilco, polar bear club, chuck ragan etc.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A rattle snake, cause its the first thing I thought of and its the name of the bar we are going to open eventually.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we don't have any pretentions or fake ambitions. We're real dudes, playing real music, and 90% of the shit out there right now is garbage.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I don't know what that 5 star business even means as I don't play video games, but I would pick "Glen Falls".

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My moms, my ladyfriend, my family in general and the other dudes in the band.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Auto tune needs to go. Also if you cant play your instruments then you probably shouldn't be in a band much less successful, so I get rid of that shit too.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Our tours consist of sleeping in Walmart parking lots drinking 40's and nyquil to sleep and then pounding as many energy drinks as possible so we can get to the next show.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's where I get my punk/pop culture news at work, and a cool place for the kids to get the latest on up and coming bands, i.e. us! Good site, good reviews, good community.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Golden years." It's just a lot of fun to play. Paul Westerberg + booze + plus a sweet lady = most fun song to play!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

What's a vacation? Let's just say Hawaii .

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Pee Wee's Big Adventure

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

The power to never be broke. Because being broke is for the birds, and I would buy a nice van and dope gear.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Yes and no. We play music we love all the time and some people like it too. We have so much further to go though and we cant wait to keep on "truckin" as it were.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm going to school to be a teacher.

18. What's your favorite holiday?

Christmas

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Drink, hang out with my gf, play guitar, read, watch The Golden Girls, follow Buffalo Bills football and cook.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
absolutely none

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
01:05 PM on 11/01/09
tipoftheiceberg
son of the silent age
User Info.
best band in music right now. like he said, real dudes, real music.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos