Username
Password
Trustkill Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Trustkill Records
Inside AP.net

Trustkill Signs Kid Liberty

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (11/16/09)
Trustkill Records have signed Texas' Kid Liberty. The band will enter the studio next month to record their full-length debut, Fight With Your Fists, due out next spring.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 45
03:05 PM on 11/16/09
heavyd
noireallydontcare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ruh roh.
03:09 PM on 11/16/09
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
this label has downsized to a josh TK and some dude in his basement, how can they afford to sign any new bands and more importantly why would any band sign with them after they fucked over countless bands?
03:18 PM on 11/16/09
vminervino
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this label has downsized to a josh TK and some dude in his basement, how can they afford to sign any new bands and more importantly why would any band sign with them after they fucked over countless bands?
These guys will have their album in every record store in the US and tour the world for the next few years while you sit at home playing Guitar Hero.
03:18 PM on 11/16/09
Thursdaysox
Sleep Well
User Info.
hang on, four year strong?
03:21 PM on 11/16/09
heavyd
noireallydontcare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These guys will have their album in every record store in the US and tour the world for the next few years while you sit at home playing Guitar Hero.
No.
03:23 PM on 11/16/09
cory-182
User Info.
I like so far.
03:41 PM on 11/16/09
Samc1803
NO WORMS ON THE BED.
User Info.
Saw these guys once, didn't do anything for me. Maybe they've improved.
03:43 PM on 11/16/09
hdeye
cyborg
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
its pretty good. trustkill is starting fresh & from the ground up basically which is something they needed to do because they got to ahead of themselves investing so much into bedlight, throwdown & eighteen visions, then with shit acts like fight paris & sick city. i think doing things like isurrender, tragic hero etc.. is going to benefit them. they now realie theyre not a major, fired some employees & have gone back to the basics.
03:44 PM on 11/16/09
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
They should have thought this one over.
I rep TX but this just isn't signing material.
03:49 PM on 11/16/09
crazytoledo
Addicted to slurpees
User Info.
Somewhat this.

Trustkill will at least make there CDs more available to potential listeners. There will be some promotion. And they'll be able to snag some tours cause of them being on Trustkill.

Most bands won't earn money from sales from any label so I don't know why people scrutinize too much on things like this. You might as well go to a label that has a built name, will put your CD out, promote a bit and get you on tour instead of staying unsigned, having your CD available only at shows (online band store + iTunes maybe too) and having no one promote you and no one want to tour with you because they don't think you'll draw anyone

In reality it's a smart move unless you think you're gonna be a band headlining tours, selling out shows, pushing CDs galore and everything almost no band does in this scene
03:50 PM on 11/16/09
from debris
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i would be interested in hearing a full length but i can imagine that it would just get tired halfway through.
03:51 PM on 11/16/09
GreatGhosts
User Info.
Good Dudes, They worked there asses off on the road in the last year and deserve good things. Lets hope that trustkill treats them right.
03:55 PM on 11/16/09
Roa-Martinez
User Info.
i'm interested to see how this will play out as well. Trustkill has definitely had some setbacks, but to homeboy's point earlier, the tragic hero way seems to be working pretty well and if a few of their bands get upstreamed to bigger labels, it can only cause trustkill to grow. As far as kid liberty goes, love em or hate em, they've put in a shit ton of honest to god hard work and they deserve this.
04:09 PM on 11/16/09
kevinjordan
This Wild Life - Kevin
User Info.
Toured with these dudes and they're both talented and hard working. From what I've heard, they only signed for one record. Trustkill can definitely help them out with marketing and distro. Congrats dudes!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests