Username
Password
Radiohead News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 611.
01:52 PM on 12/07/09
poppa Q
LBTBG
User Info.
Ha, I suppose that does come off as rather silly of me.
haha,
they haven't been even remotely mainstream since the bends.
^
Oh sure radiohead sucks. Like really??!?!? You've gotta be kidding me, we have these hurrendous musicians like kesha and lady gaga who are revered for their brilliant songwriting about fucking guys and drinking, meanwhile radiohead is making an actual effort to write meaningful relatable music and this fucking magazine says they "kinda blow?!?!" FUCK YOU SPIN!
Well, this was cute.
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
They are, but they don't make generic, recycled music, which is what the word sometimes insinuates.
Yea, I guess I don't see it like that. Mainstream is judged by number of albums/tickets sold I think. (that's an ugly sentence but fuck it)
Jason Tate
User Info.
They are, but they don't make generic, recycled music, which is what the word sometimes insinuates.
Mainstream means mainstream. Start using words for what they actually mean instead of applying your own (faulty) insinuations upon them. The Beatles were mainstream. They were not generic or recycled. The Beach Boys. Ibid.
dissident
the true stroker ace
User Info.
I don't get how people are saying Radiohead isn't mainstream. They're a fucking huge band.
popularity doesn't equal mainstream. fucking nickelback are mainstream. they write safe music for mass consumption by the lowest common denominator. that's mainstream.
01:53 PM on 12/07/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'm not sure if popularity and success makes you mainstream. I guess there really isn't a finite definition for mainstream, but even as a band I don't consider them mainstream.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mainstream
kbi the crowing
dr( )ning the days away
User Info.
Oh sure radiohead sucks. Like really??!?!? You've gotta be kidding me, we have these hurrendous musicians like kesha and lady gaga who are revered for their brilliant songwriting about fucking guys and drinking, meanwhile radiohead is making an actual effort to write meaningful relatable music and this fucking magazine says they "kinda blow?!?!" FUCK YOU SPIN!
settle down there, junior
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Do a lot of homosexual people drive Hondas? Show me the numbers.

There is a giant cross over. Again, this is pretty basic math.

Again, you need it spelled out how you making >>>> statements about pop-punk music is ironic? Really?

It's ironic. Which is why I used that term. Now I'm just repeating myself.

What pop-punk artists are twice your age? You can have the opinion all you want. It's still IRONIC. I didn't say it was WRONG. I didn't say you couldn't have it. I said it was IRONIC.
Ahhh, that's the point he is making. It's philosophical argument based off of one that you tried, and failed, to construct.
01:54 PM on 12/07/09
sweepthenation
Vickadelphia
User Info.
This thread got interesting fast
01:55 PM on 12/07/09
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
I'm not a big Radiohead guy myself.
Jason Tate
User Info.
if mainstream to you is any band that is popular then we just have different views on that. they're popular, not mainstream and there's a difference. mainstream fits only into the way you market your product (music) and the music you make. by all accounts from Kid A on the band has made an effort to do things completely different than other artists both in how they marketed themselves and the music they make. just because it was financially successful for them doesn't make them mainstream. hell the way they released In Rainbows alone shows that even regardless of their music, they're not mainstream.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mainstream
fowruok
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't quite think that's the word I'd use.
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
popularity doesn't equal mainstream. fucking nickelback are mainstream. they write safe music for mass consumption by the lowest common denominator. that's mainstream.
We just have different definitions then. Radiohead's music isn't easily accessible for the most part but they're still a mainstream band.
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
Do a lot of homosexual people drive Hondas? Show me the numbers.
Do a lot of Britney Spears fans like Radiohead? Show me the numbers. Both assertions are probably true on some levels (I know a gay guy that drives a Civic Si), but neither have a basis that makes any kind of point, like you think it does.

Again, you need it spelled out how you making >>>> statements about pop-punk music is ironic? Really? It's ironic. Which is why I used that term. Now I'm just repeating myself.
Jason, that is not what irony is. Why does the word irony get misused so much on the internet these days? If you think my music is worse than the music that I am saying is worse than a band I like, that is not irony. Nice try.

What pop-punk artists are twice your age? You can have the opinion all you want. It's still IRONIC. I didn't say it was WRONG. I didn't say you couldn't have it. I said it was IRONIC.
Blink 182, which is probably the most highly regarded pop punk band on this site. I love Blink 182, but their music is inferior to Radiohead's on all counts except maybe the 'fun' factor.

/thread.

Dan, we need to round out the final spot on my pop culture debate team. You in?
I hate pop culture
chronomic
is dat ur pokemons?!?
User Info.
Did any of you fucking idiots actually read the article? And if you read it, did you actually comprehend it? Clearly not.

He raises a few good points about the band while still making it obvious that he clearly loves them.

It's peoples reactions to things like this that make me hate humanity. Grow a brain.
01:56 PM on 12/07/09
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
this.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates