AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 24
Displaying posts 345 - 360 of 611
04:07 PM on 12/07/09
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
I would like to shake this man's hand. I've never seen anything even the slightest bit special in Radiohead. But then again, i'm also known to not like The Beatles or Led Zepplin, so what do i know?

*EDIT*- fixed my grammar in there.
Sounds about right.
04:08 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
why would you cut the crust off a perfectly good pb&j?
That's my question.
Jason Tate
User Info.
Interesting.

Analog Rebellion
User Info.
You like Linkin Park, Three Day's Grace, and Hawthorne Heights. Sounds about right.
04:09 PM on 12/07/09
Theseventhson
User Info.
Why would you ruin your perfectly toast and butterable bread with PB&J?
Jason Tate
User Info.
And you do know that the measly two genres they lazily listed on that page are not the cumulative list from every single review they took in to account, right?
Which is why I was linking the site as a collection of reviews ... not their genre listing.

Edit: Hahahaha. Turns out Metacritic doesn't even list Mark Tom and Travis show as pop punk. Or ANY of their albums for that matter. There you go. Blink 182 have never been pop punk
Which is why I was linking the site as a collection of reviews (and their contents) ... not MC's genre listing.

Even the heaviest, fastest songs on Texas don't tread into pop punk waters. Pretty much every song on Texas is 120 bpm. Maybe the chorus of Hole In My Brain. But I don't think 1 chorus of 1 song constitutes an entire genre name. Blink's self titled has much more than 1 chorus of 1 song that should be considered pop punk.
Rustash
User Info.
I guess i just have a thing against overrated bands...
twokidtech
title
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pop punk is just being thrown to any band that is young and plays rock music these days. It may be marketed as pop punk, but that doesn't make it pure pop punk. Pure pop punk is technically stuff along the lines The Ramones and a good example for today would probably something like Set Your Goals (at least I think so). You can argue for an against Blink 182 being pop punk, but I'd say that the self-titled was the least pop-punk of their discography.

I'd actually say Blink-182's self titled album is more pop punk than Set Your Goals, who seem more like punk rock to me. To me they're two completely different genres, but maybe not... oh well, whatever
04:11 PM on 12/07/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
More interesting:

04:13 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I guess i just have a thing against overrated bands...
Wooooow. Led Zeppelin and The Beatles are on your shit list? You know that no music you listen to would be here if it wasn't for either of those bands right?
04:13 PM on 12/07/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
Still interesting:

04:14 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Why would you ruin your perfectly toast and butterable bread with PB&J?
Dude, come on, I'm hungry and in the library.
04:16 PM on 12/07/09
Theseventhson
User Info.
What? That there was more news about Radiohead when they released In Rainbows then when Coldplay was doing nothing?
JoeJealousy
YOU VANDAL / Joe
User Info.
agreed
Analog Rebellion
User Info.
Which is why I was linking the site as a collection of reviews ... not their genre listing.
Which is why I was linking the site as a collection of reviews (and their contents) ... not MC's genre listing.
You always seem to link irrelevant information and then fail to explain any sort of point. Do those reviews contain the words pop punk? (Yes, some do) For those that don't, do those reviews contain something instead, or do they just not bother to define the genre of one of the most widely known pop punk bands at all?

So, for the record, Jason Tate thinks that PlayRadioPlay's Madi Don't Leave is as pop punk as Blink 182's "Go". Hilarious.

What does news volume have to do with anything?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos