Password

Article
« Back to Articles

Clare & The Reasons

Written by: Lueda Alia (12/19/09)
Clare from Clare & The Reasons

Top Albums of 2009

Josh Mease: Wilderness
This was released just a few months ago and we have been listening to it like crazy. Josh Mease is old school talented. He sings like an angel (a masculine one). His songs are instant classics, they are melodic and special, and they are not trying too hard, they just are great, whether they are played on an acoustic guitar or with a full band. Love White Diamonds, Eleanor, Days Like These, You Found Me.

Loney Dear: Dear John
Another great album by a Swedish songwriter who manages to to make pop and art and emotion and rawness feel really cool. His songs are great compositions by any standards.

St. Vincent: Actor
Our friend Annie Clark is growing into an immensely independent force and she knows how to rock. Her guitar playing kicks butt!! This record really comes together as one continuously strong musical thought.

Liam Finn And Eliza Jane: Shards Of Sound
Liam Finn is one of my favorite performers (he rocks so hard) and his records show his diversity and musicianship as well. He walks the line between a sweet songwriter and an aggressive musical force.

The Beatles: Mono and Stereo Re-Releases.
Surprisingly, they did a nice job with these re mastering jobs, I was scared because the original Beatles records are sacred to me, but the new versions add a welcome clarity and thank goodness they did not make the new masters too loud or bright, like most pop albums nowadays.

Grizzly Bear: Veckatimest
They rule, they sound like them, and that's that.

Tom Waits: Glitter And Doom Live
I love Tom Waits' energy live. He is earthy and wild and it's great that you can now hear it on an album. I had the pleasure of seeing him years ago and it was one of the greatest live shows I have seen. On Glitter and Doom Live he chose songs from his performances all over the world, each track is fresh and a bit different sonically, which actually works.

Kraftwerk: The Catalogue [BOX SET] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]
This 8 CD box set is a wide body of electronic genius. They are great at making emotional electronic content.

Buddy Holly Not Fade Away: The Complete Studio Recordings and More [BOX SET]
Buddy is one of my all time favorite writers, singers and musical personas. This box set is just pulling together his prolific, yet way to short life. It has all the famous songs but also really early recordings that are scratchy and wonderful, and they show the progression and process of how he developed.

David Bowie: Space Oddity [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED] [SPECIAL EDITION]
Space Oddity is one of the greatest rock songs in my opinion. The re mastering is a bit too bright for my taste, but the music is so great, I had to put it on my list. I love the endless possibilities in Bowies writing.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
06:27 AM on 12/19/09
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Clare & The Reasons released their second album Arrow earlier this year and it's so great. Make sure to check it out if you're into indie pop with beautiful female vocals.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version