Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts
10:58 AM on 01/04/10
Broclee
Dude, this is so Inception.
User Info.
Tik Tok is annoyingly catchy. That intro synth gets stuck in my head and I just can't get it out.

I will probably never listen to the rest of the album.
10:59 AM on 01/04/10
Broclee
User Info.
The two "weird grown men" below are making more money than the three of us could make put together:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Luke
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Mar...uction_Credits

(I mention them both because they frequently work together.)

Doesn't seem that weird for them to be writing songs like those when they're drinking champagne on massive yachts laughing about how they ordered 20 more Bugatti Veyrons to play bumper cars with.
Making a lot of money doesn't make a grown man writing a song about wrinkly wieners (the validity of this statement is questionable) or teen pop stars feeling isolated in Hollywood any less weird.
11:20 AM on 01/04/10
Broclee
User Info.
Let me say most importantly that if you look at his writing credits you'll see he didn't pen that one.

Second to that - go look up the lyrics. It's about old guys hitting on young girls. It says nothing about "wrinkly weiners" at all. To say that's what the song is about is straight up ridiculous.
I really don't care about what he did or didn't do. My only point is that saying it's completely normal simply because he makes money is equally ridiculous. People make money doing weird things, still makes them weird.
01:37 PM on 01/04/10
Broclee
User Info.
How is writing pop songs such a weird thing? I don't understand that. Look at the songs he's writing: Since U Been Gone (break up song), It Feels Like Tonight (trying to win a girl back), Just Want You To Know (break-up song). Who decided that there's an age limit to when you can write pop songs about universal topics? I find any argument calling him weird for co-writing/co-producing current pop hits to be absolutely absurd. There is absolutely nothing weird about that.
Okay.
04:38 PM on 01/04/10
Broclee
User Info.
She's playing Lilith Fair?! That's outrageous, she's by no means someone women should aspire to be.
She's a total blacksheep among a slew of really great artists on board for Lilith, and it's really odd.
10:33 PM on 01/04/10
Broclee
User Info.
I just realized that the only reason I find Tik Tok in the least bit bearable is because I like "Tttttthhhhhhhheeeeeeeeee PPPPPPPPaaaaaaarrrrrrrrttttttyyyyyy " or whatever the rididuclous title of that one Justice song is.
03:31 PM on 01/06/10
Broclee
User Info.
here's another review, for comparison's sake. and it actually pays some attention to songs on the album instead of just jokes and references.

http://www.behindthehype.com/music-r...ed-in-whiskey/

and yes, i wrote that
That is far too long of a review for an album that isn't really meant to be taken seriously.

Just sayin.
09:23 PM on 01/06/10
Broclee
User Info.
he writes the music dumbass. he helps with the lyrics every now and then but those are mainly the artist's job. he was the guitarist for saturday night live for 10 years, was just named one of the top 10 producers of the decade by billboard, and hes won 10 ASCAP Pop Music Awards in total since 2006. hes not weird hes a genius.

all you could hear were her vocals. it was mixed terribly and obviously shes not gonna be spot on when shes jumping around and dancing (ill give you that shes not the best dancer lol) but that doesnt mean that she cant sing in a controlled environment. and shes better in these two performances
Lol. You're so serious. It's funny.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version