AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Fold News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Suing The Fold

Posted by - 08:47 AM on 01/06/10
The Fold are being sued. Could it be because of "Every Band in the USA"?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 131
08:48 AM on 01/06/10
Xianmusicfan
User Info.
Weird Al makes parodies and doesn't get sued, what the heck? And some punk named Jason Derulo rips off an entire Imogen Heap chorus and he doesn't get sued. If this is real I'm gonna be annoyed
08:57 AM on 01/06/10
neuy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
not like they will loose this.
09:03 AM on 01/06/10
ryanhorizons
User Info.
they hurt billy rays achi breakie heart
09:05 AM on 01/06/10
Hojonny
youtube.com/crashtestprod
User Info.
If it is real and over that song, then Miley has become waaaaay to big for herself.
09:08 AM on 01/06/10
PaperRival-Jake
User Info.
I had never seen that before. It was really good. I'm glad they actually took a side and openly had an opinion about bands like All Time Low without caring about the consequences. Good Stuff.
09:13 AM on 01/06/10
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
Karma for the cash-in? Nah, not even. They're just being bullied by Miley's legal team, I'm sure. Parody is protected as a derivative work. Plus. they didn't sell the song, to my recollection -- just a shirt based on it.

But chances are they won't have the money to fight this off even if they're in the right.
09:14 AM on 01/06/10
Gatorjd
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If it is because of that, they won't lose it. There is no copyright violation when dealing with parodies.
09:20 AM on 01/06/10
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fuck the corporate world. Fuck major labels. Fuck Gabe Saporta. Fuck Disney. Fuck Miley Cyrus.
09:24 AM on 01/06/10
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Fuck the corporate world. Fuck major labels. Fuck Gabe Saporta. Fuck Disney. Fuck Miley Cyrus.

lol
09:24 AM on 01/06/10
BrandonLocke
Michigan / USA
User Info.
Karma for the cash-in? Nah, not even. They're just being bullied by Miley's legal team, I'm sure. Parody is protected as a derivative work. Plus. they didn't sell the song, to my recollection -- just a shirt based on it.

But chances are they won't have the money to fight this off even if they're in the right.
Does Weird Al sell his music though? I'm not sure if that could even be a factor in it. Either way, this shit is weak.
09:30 AM on 01/06/10
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
Weird Al makes parodies and doesn't get sued, what the heck? And some punk named Jason Derulo rips off an entire Imogen Heap chorus and he doesn't get sued. If this is real I'm gonna be annoyed
Weird Al speaks with each artist he's parodying and gets their permission before releasing the song- also he probably pays out royalties to the original artists.

At any rate, this video is pretty well done, I enjoyed it.
09:31 AM on 01/06/10
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
Weird Al does sell his music...and his parodies are different. He has to get permission. I remember when Micheal Jackson died Weird Al was talking about how when he met MJ and got permission he was so nervous but MJ loved his song.

I think the fold are in the clear since they didnt sell the song, and that this is probably going to get thrown out.
09:31 AM on 01/06/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
I had never seen that before. It was really good. I'm glad they actually took a side and openly had an opinion about bands like All Time Low without caring about the consequences. Good Stuff.
Oh just you wait my friend lol.
09:32 AM on 01/06/10
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
You've got to be kidding me.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles