AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Ghost Inside, The - Fury and the Fallen Ones Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8
Musicianship 7.5
Lyrics 8.25
Production 8.75
Creativity 7
Lasting Value 9
Reviewer Tilt 8.75
Final Verdict: 82%
Member Ratings
Vocals 9.21
Musicianship 9
Lyrics 9.17
Production 9.33
Creativity 9.13
Lasting Value 9.58
Reviewer Tilt 9.38
Average: 93%
Inside AP.net

Ghost Inside, The - Fury and the Fallen Ones

Reviewed by: kevinjordan (01/10/10)
The Ghost Inside - Fury and the Fallen Ones
Record Label: Mediaskare Records
Release Date: April 15, 2008

You know all the hyped hardcore/metal bands that break through on the internet today with one huge catchy breakdown, or one xGIMMICKx callout? The Ghost Inside is anything but one of these bands. It's incredibly hard for me to pinpoint why I enjoy this record so much, because it demonstrates so many of the qualities I appreciate in a heavy record. Produced by Zack Ohren (All Shall Perish, Animosity), it has a positive message, relentlessly fast punk drumming, truly heavy and well syncopated breakdowns, killer shout-outs, and solid metal influenced hardcore riffage throughout that is achieved by few on a freshman album. Since the release of Fury and the Fallen Ones, they have toured internationally with headlining acts such as Bring Me the Horizon, Stick to Your Guns, Architects, I Killed the Prom Queen, Emmure, and Winds of Plague.

The first wave of this blitzkrieg is aptly titled "Provoke". Lyrically, it's about songs in your life that inspire you and make you "just hit repeat". The closing of the song is an ode to gamers worldwide, using the Mario Bros. Theme Song as the rhythm for the breakdown (+10 nerd points). Other standout tracks on the album include posi anthem "Destined" with lyrics, "I'm following my hopes and dreams, and doing what's right for me. A line was drawn, my choice was made. Given the chance, I'll make you proud of me. Give me a chance, I promise to succeed!", followed by "Faith or Forgiveness", which shows the energy and colossal weight of their heavier sections. Yet another track worth mentioning is "Shiner", the fastest song on the record, with a truly powerful ending complete with emotive yelling, "This song I leave for you, from me!", and a haunting lead line that is one of few in the album's tightly composed, rhythm-focused guitars.

If you're looking for an innovative release that pushes technical boundaries, this isn't for you. However, if you're looking for a sincere, memorable, energetic, heavy, and lasting release, give Fury and the Fallen Ones an honest listen. Their follow-up album, Returners is slated for an early 2010 release.

Recommended If You LikeHardcore; Stick To Your Guns; It Prevails; Misery Signals - Controller; posi jumps & stagedives

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10.
08:42 AM on 01/12/10
kevinAIWW
boner boner boner boner boner boner
User Info.
intense record.
04:57 PM on 01/12/10
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
User Info.
This album is pretty good.

I felt that the songs sounded too similar, though.

They do have terrific lyrics as well.

Good review
03:52 AM on 01/13/10
Alex1410
User Info.
Ive had this album for a while but im yet to give it a proper listen.
05:32 AM on 01/14/10
wreckyourlife
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
based on this review i am gonna have to check this out
05:33 PM on 01/14/10
runningfree1
User Info.
great album.
08:33 PM on 01/14/10
shawnPLAGUES
Steve Holt is a bastard.
User Info.
Terrific album/band/review. These guys kill it live.
11:13 AM on 01/18/10
kevinjordan
This Wild Life - Kevin
User Info.
I'm so pumped my first review got approved! FIST PUMPIN!!! But in all seriousness, this record should have gotten a higher score..
12:24 PM on 05/31/10
Agreatlie
User Info.
I'm currently listening to the album as I type this and I've enjoyed this album for the two years I've had it. It's a very energetic record and can't wait for their next effort. Great review btw
06:27 PM on 07/18/10
TyBreaker
www.facebook.com/IWasAfraid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This group is just too incredible at what they do. I enjoy each song's unique values
Options
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS