Password

Album Review

Underoath - Define the Great Line Album Cover

Underoath - Define the Great Line

Reviewed by
Underoath - Define the Great Line
Record Label: Tooth and Nail Records
Release Date: June 20, 2006
This review is a user submitted review from Dystroxia. You can see all of Dystroxia's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
08:48 PM on 01/20/10
floormaster925
don't stick around
User Info.
I like that you put "bands that sound exactly like UO". Underoath does sound a lot like bands that sound exactly like Underoath. (Not trying to be a dick or anything, it just made me laugh)
09:23 AM on 01/21/10
Tuu Mmaaddrree
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this review is so late lmao
01:19 PM on 01/21/10
satellitesong
Mike
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
dude..... alright, i love underoath too, and this album is awesome, but c'mon, you def went crazy on the exagerations. its quite a claim (quite an ignorant and naive one) to say something along the lines of this being among the greatest albums ever. and ya this albums like 3 years old, you shoulda covered Lost in the Sound of Separation.
yes, their passion and emotion and atmosphere and vocals are amazing and practically unrivaled, but you could hardly call underoath metalcore. so surely they cant "own the metalcore genre". aside from some heavy vocals and some drumming, their guitar work has virtually no metal technique to it at all. they are more screamo/post hardcore.
sorry, not tryin to be a dick lol, keep writing!
01:34 PM on 01/21/10
packattack227
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Best Album Ever
01:37 PM on 01/21/10
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
User Info.
I like that you put "bands that sound exactly like UO". Underoath does sound a lot like bands that sound exactly like Underoath. (Not trying to be a dick or anything, it just made me laugh)
I know, that wasn't a dick saying at all.

It's so true though, there are TONS of bands that sound exactly like UO.
01:38 PM on 01/21/10
Dystroxia
User Info.
this review is so late lmao
I know, I'm a fashoinably late album reviewer :D

Just look at my other albums I reviewed.
01:39 PM on 01/21/10
Dystroxia
User Info.
dude..... alright, i love underoath too, and this album is awesome, but c'mon, you def went crazy on the exagerations. its quite a claim (quite an ignorant and naive one) to say something along the lines of this being among the greatest albums ever. and ya this albums like 3 years old, you shoulda covered Lost in the Sound of Separation.
yes, their passion and emotion and atmosphere and vocals are amazing and practically unrivaled, but you could hardly call underoath metalcore. so surely they cant "own the metalcore genre". aside from some heavy vocals and some drumming, their guitar work has virtually no metal technique to it at all. they are more screamo/post hardcore.
sorry, not tryin to be a dick lol, keep writing!
It's no means one of the best albums of all time.

It's one of the best christian metalcore albums of all time.
08:09 AM on 01/22/10
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
This album got quite old for me relatively quickly. Like all Underoath albums. Great band... but the replayability isn't there for me unfortunately. It's not often that I return to this album. I also prefer Lost in the Sound of Separation to this record.
08:13 AM on 01/22/10
holybatmon
Unregistered User
User Info.
This is one of the few albums that literaly changed the way I view music. It's heavy, but it's not metal. I don't know. All I know is that songs like Casting Such A Thin Shadow and Moving For The Sake Of Motion blow me away every fucking time. So yeah, one of my all time favourites.

Funny you complained about the length, cos thats my main gripe about Lost In The Sound...
10:04 AM on 01/22/10
rpk004
User Info.
imo this is their best album.
02:34 PM on 01/22/10
Dystroxia
User Info.
This is one of the few albums that literaly changed the way I view music. It's heavy, but it's not metal. I don't know. All I know is that songs like Casting Such A Thin Shadow and Moving For The Sake Of Motion blow me away every fucking time. So yeah, one of my all time favourites.

Funny you complained about the length, cos thats my main gripe about Lost In The Sound...
I was going to submit this review with no complaints, but it got disapproved.

So I had to come up with one, and it was the length.

45 minutes is not short at all...I don't think this album is short, it's pretty long IMO

FYI read the words in parentheses
05:13 PM on 01/22/10
po0ty
User Info.
This is good but not like holy shit omfg shit your pants good. Review could use some more detail too you kinda just say how amazing the album and the lyrics are without much explanation
06:12 PM on 01/22/10
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
Oh my god, no.
01:12 PM on 01/25/10
live4music
Digitally Bathing
User Info.
Fave UO record. Was SHOCKED to see them jump OFF the pop bandwagon with this record

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos