Review: Maggie Rogers – Don’t Forget Me

The third major label studio album from Maggie Rogers, called Don’t Forget Me, showcases the singer-songwriter’s continued growth in more ways than one. While I originally saw Rogers in the same realm of pop artists like Kacey Musgraves, Phoebe Bridgers, and Julien Baker, it turns out she may just be this generation’s Joni Mitchell. With crisp production that Rogers and Ian Fitchuk co-produce on this outstanding record, Maggie Rogers quickly cements herself as one of the marquee pop acts in the world. Having recently announced a comprehensive arena tour, that is selling extremely well, Rogers takes full advantage of her time in the spotlight on this breezy collection of ten songs that blend pop, country, and captivating storytelling in her most fully-realized album to date. The artist that once had a starry-eyed vision of headlining the places she grew up attending, has come full circle and seeing her hard work come to fruition.

Read More “Maggie Rogers – Don’t Forget Me”

Parris Mitchell – “Problem Child” (Song Premiere)

Parris Mitchell

Today I’m thrilled to bring everyone the latest single from rising pop artist, Parris Mitchell, called “Problem Child.” Mitchell has a unique sound that transcends musical boundaries, and hits the right spots on this vibrant single. When speaking on his latest track, Mitchell shared, “This is a ‘neighbors calling in a noise complaint’ banger about self-reflection. My emo indie rock anthem, co-penned with Stalking Gia and Ryder Stuart, explores raw emotions and introspection with ripping guitars, angsty vocals and intense drums.” If you’re enjoying the latest single, keep an eye out for Parris Mitchell’s new LP, The Mixed Emotions Arcade, that releases on June 14th. I was also able to catch up with this talented artist for a brief interview below.

Read More “Parris Mitchell – “Problem Child” (Song Premiere)”