Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 151
02:51 PM on 02/07/10
snu
I like to watch the NBA
User Info.
As always your reviews are top notch...reading them is my favorite thing on the site. I don't agree to much about the album, but you do good work.

I use to think Never Shot Never might do something good...he showed promise to some extent and I liked the fact he worked with Forrest Kline and Butch Walker...but geez I can not believe this album gets a higher score than The Ataris Welcome The Night Did (but I know you didn't review Welcome The Nightit so its review has nothing to do with your reviews).

This album is like him showing up to the party but not bringing any presents...or presence. It's like a 28% in my book. I think it shows where potential could be...but isn't. It's catchy...but annoyingly catchy and lyrically terrible, for me at least. I don't dig the whole skipper meets Native American meets hippie image.

I definitely can hear him attempt a sound similar to The Format in some parts of the songs. It's not that he was even that far off as far as structure and style. It's the overall meaning that's missing in everything on the entire album.

Any person can do a paint by numbers and make something look cool only a true artists can sit down to a canvas and create something original. This just didn't feel unique and to me didn't have any soul.
03:30 PM on 02/07/10
11:11
Soft sound
User Info.
I will admit I like a song or two of his, so I might give this a try based on your review.
07:23 PM on 02/07/10
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
This is a good record. They need to put out the equality of this every two months or so. I could go for a constantly refreshed supply of new Never Shout Never songs.
08:26 PM on 02/07/10
threepunchjim
the enemy is everywhere
User Info.
This is a solid review. Way to be both objective and open-minded.
11:37 PM on 02/07/10
introduction
You're not real musician!
User Info.
that is a goddawful album name.
12:01 AM on 02/08/10
po0ty
User Info.
this fucking blows
08:35 AM on 02/08/10
inyoursea
crazy for you baby
User Info.
8 song 20 minute album? my god.
08:47 AM on 02/08/10
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
I think he's a fine artist, but it just REALLY makes me mad that he calls himself a Christian, like he represents Christ. I promise you that dude does not know the first thing about Jesus's teaching ASIDE FROM everything he said about "love".

He CLLLLEARLY missed everything about how the church is the "Bride of Christ". I know that a lot of Christians are bad examples of Christ in the way that they're like "OHHH YOU'RE GOING TO HELL" and all the bull horn dudes. That is ALSO totally wrong.

But Christofer Drew is wrong on the totally OPPOSITE end of the spectrum. You CAN'T just pick one lesson out of the Bible and ignore EVERYTHING else it says, because it gives people TOTALLY false ideas about what being a Christ follower is all about.

And the fact that sooo many kids idolize this guy as some great example of Christ makes it sooo much worse.

I know I'll probably be SUPER attacked for saying all that. But PLEASE hear me out, and re-read what I'm saying. I am not calling him a bad person, I am not calling myself better than him. I am not saying he's a horrible musician.

I am simply saying: If you are going to be a roll model for kids, and use an top 3 religious figure as someone you base your life off of, you should base your life off of the ENTIRETY of what that person said. Not just the 1/20 that sounds good to listen to and is the easiest to comprehend. Jesus did not just talk about love, although that was a HUGE part of his ministry.

My hope is that kids will always dig deep into what people are telling them. No matter who it is, or what they're saying. That we never take anything for face value, and that we question EVERYTHING.
09:22 AM on 02/08/10
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
I think he's a fine artist, but it just REALLY makes me mad that he calls himself a Christian, like he represents Christ. I promise you that dude does not know the first thing about Jesus's teaching ASIDE FROM everything he said about "love".

He CLLLLEARLY missed everything about how the church is the "Bride of Christ". I know that a lot of Christians are bad examples of Christ in the way that they're like "OHHH YOU'RE GOING TO HELL" and all the bull horn dudes. That is ALSO totally wrong.

But Christofer Drew is wrong on the totally OPPOSITE end of the spectrum. You CAN'T just pick one lesson out of the Bible and ignore EVERYTHING else it says, because it gives people TOTALLY false ideas about what being a Christ follower is all about.

And the fact that sooo many kids idolize this guy as some great example of Christ makes it sooo much worse.

I know I'll probably be SUPER attacked for saying all that. But PLEASE hear me out, and re-read what I'm saying. I am not calling him a bad person, I am not calling myself better than him. I am not saying he's a horrible musician.

I am simply saying: If you are going to be a roll model for kids, and use an top 3 religious figure as someone you base your life off of, you should base your life off of the ENTIRETY of what that person said. Not just the 1/20 that sounds good to listen to and is the easiest to comprehend. Jesus did not just talk about love, although that was a HUGE part of his ministry.

My hope is that kids will always dig deep into what people are telling them. No matter who it is, or what they're saying. That we never take anything for face value, and that we question EVERYTHING.
Where was anyone even talking about this?
09:26 AM on 02/08/10
bluecrunchy
To shreds, you say.
User Info.
The vocals are really bad.
09:27 AM on 02/08/10
tyramail
wake up i'm calling you
User Info.
This is a good record. They need to put out the equality of this every two months or so. I could go for a constantly refreshed supply of new Never Shout Never songs.
i agree, especially since this was so short. it is quite good though, i was surprised.

the entirety? well that would just be ridiculous.
09:44 AM on 02/08/10
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
This is such an EP
09:57 AM on 02/08/10
live.
Feenay! Fee hee hee hee heenay!
User Info.
If somebody puts out 8 tracks/20 minutes, I expect to be interested for the entire time. Somehow I doubt that this will be the case, but I'll listen later.
10:24 AM on 02/08/10
Billy Black
Legacy
User Info.
This was a very professional and fair review.

Leaves me curious to see what the next batch of music is going to sound like.
(The EPs' and "full length" seem to be eras instead of actual albums to me so far.)
10:26 AM on 02/08/10
brent_ster
My Dinosaur Life
User Info.
great review, great album to

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT