Somebody, please put me in a yo-yo.
Michael C. Hall as the Riddler.
08:09 AM on 06/05/10 
User Info.
drudo182
Be Royal
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
Random quotes from Nolan about the new Batman film found in Empire.

* On whether or not he's signed up for BATMAN 3:
"No, I haven't. There is a point where your just being precious about it and people get annoyed, but the God's honest truth is I work on one movie at a time, I'm only capable of doing that, so my head will continue to be firmly in this movie (INCEPTION) for the next few months."

* On the status of BATMAN 3:
"My brother Jonathan is working on the screenplay. We came up with a story that we are very exited about. We particularly like where we are taking the characters and what the ending is. There are things for me to be very exited about in addressing the characters again, but ultimately it always comes down to the script, and can we make a great film from this? That's something I will firmly be turning my attention to figuring out fairly soon. [This film will be] the ending of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story."

* Would he bring back The Joker via a recast?
"No. I just don’t feel comfortable talking about it."

* On Marvel building a "Marvel Movie Universe" and whether or not we'll see Batman and Superman together on film:
"Marvel are doing what they are doing and people will either respond to that really well or they won't. It's not something I ever applied a blanket rule to, but Marvel characters are very different to DC characters. You've got to go back to that element of 'What do I see when I close my eyes and think of Batman and Superman?' And for me a big part of that is their individuality. They are extraordinary beings in an ordinary world. They are two very different characters, but there's' an elemental feeling of power in the iconography of those characters. To me that's originally because they stood alone, I need to hang onto that in my imagining of them."
07:39 AM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
batmannj
"No more half measures Walt"
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
http://thefilmstage.com/2010/06/09/j...-probably-not/

It's unlikely that it will happen, but some are saying that Joeseph Gordon Levitt is possibly in talks to play the Riddler. I'd like this, but it probably won't happen/is a bad rumor.

and how likely is it that the next Batman movie is made without the Riddler as the villain? At this point, I think the Riddler is the leader in the clubhouse.
09:20 AM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
pseudonym28
I live in the imagi-nation
Toledo Ohio
Male - 28 Years Old
i hope the villian is someone we wouldn't expect.
09:32 AM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
SouthernCross40
Rides a comet's flame
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
It better not be Michael Caine, he's too cool to ever die

Started to quote to point out that you have the best avatar ever...friggin corndogs better get the hell out of Ensure's fridge...

But also, I would probably kill a stranger to have Michael Caine's accent.
10:46 AM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
thursday727
Dunedin, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
big news
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Nolan's first pick to play The Riddler.
It's not 100% but he's on the shortlist.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/109/1096011p1.html
10:52 AM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male
big news
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Nolan's first pick to play The Riddler.
It's not 100% but he's on the shortlist.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/109/1096011p1.html
Initially i was hoping for some realistic version of the Penguin, then realized they've been dealing with the mob for two movies now.

It may or may not be confirmed that JGL is going to be in the movie, but is it confirmed that the Riddler is even the villain? I could get on board for the Riddler, but how should he be portrayed? a green spandex suit doesnt fit with Nolan's universe.
11:04 AM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
eraserhead
Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Eau Claire, WI
Male - 25 Years Old
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the Riddler? what the fuck?

Though, I guess it's worked for Nolan before: cast a young, talented actor to play a psycho villain.
11:06 AM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Ehhhhhh...
11:09 AM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male
Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the Riddler? what the fuck?

Though, I guess it's worked for Nolan before: cast a young, talented actor to play a psycho villain.
The Riddler is a very different type of crazy, though. Riddler is a genius, who wants revenge against Batman personally.

Joker is a psycho that knows Batman will give him a good challenge. Yea, Joker is smart, but not in the same way as Riddler.

I really hope Riddler doesnt come off to be maniacal, but more like Ozymandais from Watchmen.
12:03 PM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
drudo182
Be Royal
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
You'd think that Nolan would have people's trust after the first two Batman films. Not sure what else the guy has to do to get people on board whatever he's doing with this franchise.

Will be interesting to see what happens. Hopefully they officially announce the villain sometime soon, although this is all-but confirming who it will be.
12:37 PM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
Mirrorsandfevers
www.BasedOnNothing.net
Tampa, Florida
Male - 24 Years Old
You'd think that Nolan would have people's trust after the first two Batman films. Not sure what else the guy has to do to get people on board whatever he's doing with this franchise.

Will be interesting to see what happens. Hopefully they officially announce the villain sometime soon, although this is all-but confirming who it will be.
Exactly. For all we know, the Riddler is extremely different to how we see him. Unfortunately I've never really seen a good depiction of him in graphic novels, and then we all have Batman Forever. Fuck. Whatever Nolan wants to do, I'm on board.
12:40 PM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
I was skeptic when I heard Heath Ledger was going to be the Joker, but after two fantastic Batman films, its safe to say Nolan knows what he's doing. The only bad acting in those movies came out of Katie Holmes.
04:11 PM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
drudo182
Be Royal
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
I've love to see JGL in the movie even if he isn't the Riddler. Can't wait to see how he is in Inception.
10:52 PM on 06/10/10 
User Info.
Adeniz19
whikawhikawhaaat
Tulare, CA
Male - 30 Years Old
Aren't people jumping the gun a bit assuming riddler will be in the next movie?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos