AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
News
Have a news tip? Submit news.
Inside AP.net

Set Your Goals Breaks Their Goals

Posted by: Katie Schmitz (07/21/06)
Set Your Goals' debut album, Mutiny!, is debuting this week at #47 on Billboard's Heatseekers chart and at #46 on their Independent chart. Congratulations to the guys of Set Your Goals.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
06:03 PM on 07/21/06
dukeboy1986
...is well Heeled!
User Info.
I picked this up yesterday, I liked what I heard at FYE and it was on sale.
06:18 PM on 07/21/06
Rich Duncan
Album Reviewer
User Info.
I didn't pick this up, but that's awesome for them
06:30 PM on 07/21/06
clevername
The King of Game-Palace
User Info.
Fucking awesome CD, easily one of my favorites for the year. I love it, and I wish these guys all the luck I can give. Everyone should listen and buy this record.
06:41 PM on 07/21/06
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Haven't picked this up yet (YET), but congrats to those guys. Must feel good.
07:10 PM on 07/21/06
ilovebsb
yeah i picked that up last week! it went good with me seeing pirates2 the next day but it kind've sucks though.... 3 out've the 11 songs are under a minute and the song right before mutiny (dead men tell no tales) is like an intro to that song and thats pretty weak :(. it could've been so much better so thats why i'm crossing my fingers on the next release because this cd is very promising.
07:15 PM on 07/21/06
holdontightly
User Info.
good album, im glad i got the presale of it with the free shirt.
07:23 PM on 07/21/06
clevername
The King of Game-Palace
User Info.
Originally Posted by ilovebsb
yeah i picked that up last week! it went good with me seeing pirates2 the next day but it kind've sucks though.... 3 out've the 11 songs are under a minute and the song right before mutiny (dead men tell no tales) is like an intro to that song and thats pretty weak :(. it could've been so much better so thats why i'm crossing my fingers on the next release because this cd is very promising.

I dunno dude, I really fucking like the whole thing. I feel like it ties together really well and is some of the best parts that I've heard in a while. Plus I really like that the two tracks lead into each other. And I don't mind the songs being under a minute, but I listen a lot of hardcore and Lifetime and such, so I'm totally down with songs that are pure energy.
07:43 PM on 07/21/06
summer skin
User Info.
Now if only interpunk would send me the cd I pre-ordered...
07:54 PM on 07/21/06
User Info.
I saw SYG and BREAKS right next to each other and freaked.
07:56 PM on 07/21/06
ilovebsb
Originally Posted by clevername
I dunno dude, I really fucking like the whole thing. I feel like it ties together really well and is some of the best parts that I've heard in a while. Plus I really like that the two tracks lead into each other. And I don't mind the songs being under a minute, but I listen a lot of hardcore and Lifetime and such, so I'm totally down with songs that are pure energy.

yeah dude i love all that stuff too lifetime is one of my favorite bands and one of my favorite tracks on the cd is track 2. they made one of the best 52second pop punk songs i've ever heard but for 12 bucks for a cd that only has like 8 songs on it is a bit of a rip off. thats not their fault but for the cd being so much but they could've added a few more tracks in there.
08:21 PM on 07/21/06
zeketheplmbr
erection selection
User Info.
Fuck yeaaaa!!!!
08:25 PM on 07/21/06
clevername
The King of Game-Palace
User Info.
yeah dude i love all that stuff too lifetime is one of my favorite bands and one of my favorite tracks on the cd is track 2. they made one of the best 52second pop punk songs i've ever heard but for 12 bucks for a cd that only has like 8 songs on it is a bit of a rip off. thats not their fault but for the cd being so much but they could've added a few more tracks in there.

I dunno I personally disagree. I think for them it was the perfect length. If you want to make it seem longer listen to the EP after. It works really well together and like I think it's pretty awesome in general.

And that's cool that oyu do like those bands, honestly I thought you were one of those kids on here that saw a band posted about more then three times then bought the album and was like, "this band is teh suk." But if you know the other shit in their genre then at least you can defend your point of view.

And I agree that track two has some of my fav lyrics on the record.
08:44 PM on 07/21/06
ilovebsb
Originally Posted by clevername
I dunno I personally disagree. I think for them it was the perfect length. If you want to make it seem longer listen to the EP after. It works really well together and like I think it's pretty awesome in general.

And that's cool that oyu do like those bands, honestly I thought you were one of those kids on here that saw a band posted about more then three times then bought the album and was like, "this band is teh suk." But if you know the other shit in their genre then at least you can defend your point of view.

And I agree that track two has some of my fav lyrics on the record.

haha no way man stuff is to expensive like gas to be spending money foolishly. i seen them play with guns up! and all those other bands that always play together in mass like blacklisted and have heart a little while ago. they had some really great energy. it's pretty sweet with bands like lifetime and set your goals comming around they're giving pop punk a good name again haha :)
08:52 PM on 07/21/06
clevername
The King of Game-Palace
User Info.
haha no way man stuff is to expensive like gas to be spending money foolishly. i seen them play with guns up! and all those other bands that always play together in mass like blacklisted and have heart a little while ago. they had some really great energy. it's pretty sweet with bands like lifetime and set your goals comming around they're giving pop punk a good name again haha :)

Yeah for real. And haha, I didn't even see you were from Mass. I feel kinda stupid. You going to GB with SYG and CBK? Cause I'll be there with a couple of my friends probably.

Oh and I'm pretty pissed that blacklisted is breaking up.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos