Username
Password
Tooth & Nail Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tooth & Nail Records
Inside AP.net

Moreno Lays Vocals Down For Dead Poetic Track

Posted by: Pat Marquez (08/04/06)
Chino Moreno of the Deftones lent his vocals for the new Dead Poetic track "Paralytic." The new album, Vices is set to drop October 31, 2006.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18.
05:29 PM on 08/04/06
hmmmmmm
User Info.
I have a feeling this album will......suck.
10:43 PM on 08/04/06
Caleb Cattivera
Cupid of Absolutepunk
User Info.
I have a feeling this album will......suck.

i have a feeling...you're an idiot.
10:49 PM on 08/04/06
Shatter_Glass
Take Apart Your Head
User Info.

haha.

Chino laying some guest vocals? that's disgusting! I cannot wait for this, how many tracks did Chino actually produce?
11:03 PM on 08/04/06
lilRIPsta
User Info.
yea they told us (the crowd) when i saw there show. it should sound interesting. i actually liked their new stuff alot
12:05 AM on 08/05/06
penfold
User Info.
Vices is an amazing cd ... "Paralytic" is actually one of my favorite songs on the cd ... its extremely powerful and emotional .,.,. Chino produced 2 songs on the album b.t.w. - i also think people should wait till halloween to give their opinions on the new stuf and stop trashing it (ie. hmmmmmm) before they even hear it .. i think for the most part, everyone will be really impressed with the new stuf, ... just a couple more months to wait!
12:08 AM on 08/05/06
[Mike]
making waves.
User Info.
I was hoping for news like this when I heard a few months ago about how he was producing a few tracks. Soooooooo much more anticipation for this CD now.
12:34 AM on 08/05/06
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
User Info.
This album is taking waaaay too damn long. I want to hear me some new Dead Poetic now.
07:58 AM on 08/05/06
dlaug
good morning, vietnam
User Info.
i'll just wait for the new deftones album to hear his voice.
08:06 AM on 08/05/06
hmmmmmm
User Info.

Haha, that's quite sad.
call me an idiot because I feel this album may be a letdown.
The last 2 Dead Poetic albums have been good, I am just not sure I like his new vocal approach.
I could care less that they cut out the screaming it just seems like his vocals are a little more "tough" and it sounds kind of silly. The music is solid on the new track but judging from this one track I won't be buying this album.
They better release some pretty amazing stuff to change my mind.
10:35 AM on 08/05/06
thesacrament
User Info.
Haha, that's quite sad.
call me an idiot because I feel this album may be a letdown.
The last 2 Dead Poetic albums have been good, I am just not sure I like his new vocal approach.
I could care less that they cut out the screaming it just seems like his vocals are a little more "tough" and it sounds kind of silly. The music is solid on the new track but judging from this one track I won't be buying this album.
They better release some pretty amazing stuff to change my mind.

I think we're gonna be releasing a new track next week that you'll probably like a bit more than "Narcotic."
We don't want to give the whole record away, but we do want to show people that the whole album is pretty diverse and doesn't all sound like the song you've heard.
We did do two songs w/ Chino, and "Paralytic" is definitely very Team Sleep-ish, which is the polar opposite of "Narcotic."
Give the disc a chance...if you hate it, trade it in.
Have an awesome week dude
-dusty/dp
11:03 AM on 08/05/06
hmmmmmm
User Info.
I think we're gonna be releasing a new track next week that you'll probably like a bit more than "Narcotic."
We don't want to give the whole record away, but we do want to show people that the whole album is pretty diverse and doesn't all sound like the song you've heard.
We did do two songs w/ Chino, and "Paralytic" is definitely very Team Sleep-ish, which is the polar opposite of "Narcotic."
Give the disc a chance...if you hate it, trade it in.
Have an awesome week dude
-dusty/dp

I will no doubt give this album a chance.
It's cool that you guys are trying to experiment and expand your sound.
I repsect you guys for that.
I really liked the demos that you guys were putting up like 3 months ago or however long that was.
So hopefully I will enjoy this album too.
I will keep an eye out for the new tracks.

P.S. I love your work in Beloved and I miss you guys!
01:59 PM on 08/05/06
feigningapology
she spreads her legs like a disease
User Info.
For you myspace stalkers, there is/was a pic with China and DP in Dusty's myspace profile.
05:57 PM on 08/05/06
zeketheplmbr
#pleasure
User Info.
Nice, Chino is the man.
07:41 PM on 08/05/06
thesacrament
User Info.
Chino rules, and sorry the album isn't out till Halloween! We've reassembled our team (management, booking, publicity) and everyone needed a bit more time to help get our record set up properly, so that everyone has a chance to hear about it. Tooth & Nail worked it in for Halloween, which seems like an eternity, but it's what we were given to work with, and it's an easy date to remember.

Thanks "hmmmm" for the kind words. The demos sound like total trash compared to how the tracks turned out on the record. I'm so excited about "Vices," and it's been complete for months now. The songs are so fun to play live, and I can't wait for everyone to hear em, whether they love them or hate them.
I miss Beloved too...

-dusty
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums