Username
Password
Doghouse Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Doghouse Records
Inside AP.net

The Bigger Lights Post New Song

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (03/23/10)
The Bigger Lights have posted a new song called "That Kind of Girl" on their myspace. The band's new album comes out on March 30th and they will be heading out on tour with This Providence on March 25th.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
08:39 AM on 03/23/10
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
I'm pretty stoked for this album, I don't know why but I really like this band.
11:01 AM on 03/23/10
HometownHero
User Info.
I'm pretty stoked for this album, I don't know why but I really like this band.
Same for me. Really catchy
12:36 PM on 03/23/10
emmx8D
Thanks Daaaaaaaaaan
User Info.
i used to really like topher's voice, but now it's getting more annoying to me. still a really catchy band and i'm still loving the new songs. i'm excited to hear the full album. :)
01:23 PM on 03/23/10
Magsdawg
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Eh.
02:30 PM on 03/23/10
HMNIJared
Remember Winipeg
User Info.
This new stuff is iffy for me.
Being a fan from the start of this band and listening to their first EP and having TBL sound go from rock and edgy to this pop deal kinda makes me frown.
Solid band live though.
04:40 PM on 03/23/10
atliscoolbeans
User Info.
This new stuff is iffy for me.
Being a fan from the start of this band and listening to their first EP and having TBL sound go from rock and edgy to this pop deal kinda makes me frown.
Solid band live though.
omg this. exactly.
they changed so much. i saw them 3 months after that started as a band and what a difference.
i would say for the worse, too.
and topher acted like a dick last time i saw him. lead singer mentality i guess.
05:35 PM on 03/23/10
wheresadalia
breathe slowly, speak softly
User Info.
omg this. exactly.
they changed so much. i saw them 3 months after that started as a band and what a difference.
and topher acted like a dick last time i saw him. lead singer mentality i guess.
topher has been a complete sweetheart every time i've talked to him. like, one of the sweetest band guys i have ever met.

and as far as the song, love it. stoked for this album, and i know the guys are super happy about it. topher said the new songs feel much more comfortable to play than the old stuff, like everything is clicking now.
05:47 PM on 03/23/10
HMNIJared
Remember Winipeg
User Info.
omg this. exactly.
Topher is nice to me but that might be cause I kinda know him and helped TBL out a lot.
But I can see him doing that.
or maybe you caught him on a bad day.

Third Act Stories EP ftw.
06:45 PM on 03/23/10
FiringPartyRule
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
all great guys
07:01 PM on 03/23/10
atliscoolbeans
User Info.
topher has been a complete sweetheart every time i've talked to him. like, one of the sweetest band guys i have ever met.

and as far as the song, love it. stoked for this album, and i know the guys are super happy about it. topher said the new songs feel much more comfortable to play than the old stuff, like everything is clicking now.
i mean all the times i used to talk to him in like early 2008 he was really nice but it seems like he's stopped caring so much about meeting fans and it bothers me
10:01 PM on 03/23/10
JDAnderson
Songwriter / Producer
User Info.
i havent gotten into any of their songs until I listened to this one, not bad TBL... not bad
05:22 AM on 03/24/10
birtcho
is...
User Info.
I've really liked all the new songs so far. Not too sure about lasting value but all the songs seem to be keeping up with eachother
10:04 AM on 03/24/10
wheresadalia
breathe slowly, speak softly
User Info.
i mean all the times i used to talk to him in like early 2008 he was really nice but it seems like he's stopped caring so much about meeting fans and it bothers me
i last talked to him in february, he seems like the same topher to me, who talked to us for a good 10 minutes, and then again for a couple more before we left. everyone has good and bad days. i absolutely hate when people try to judge a band member based on the minute they talk to them. just like when i heard people shit talking TAI for not coming out one night when i knew for a fact it was b/c they had a radio thing really early the next morning, and they were going to sleep.
i just think you are trying to read too much into what was maybe just a bad day, don't generalize "oh, he didn't want to talk to me that one time" into "he was a dick and has changed"
11:54 AM on 03/24/10
atliscoolbeans
User Info.
i last talked to him in february, he seems like the same topher to me, who talked to us for a good 10 minutes, and then again for a couple more before we left. everyone has good and bad days. i absolutely hate when people try to judge a band member based on the minute they talk to them. just like when i heard people shit talking TAI for not coming out one night when i knew for a fact it was b/c they had a radio thing really early the next morning, and they were going to sleep.
i just think you are trying to read too much into what was maybe just a bad day, don't generalize "oh, he didn't want to talk to me that one time" into "he was a dick and has changed"
i know what you mean and i'm not trying to generalize. he seemed to be perfectly fine that day and looked like he was in no rush. he just seemed different
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests