Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 17 posts.
05:57 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
that's what happens when you bomb at radio.

smart move by them.

Not their fault. Hopeless really sucks at getting their artist radio play.

Yes this is very quick but i'm excited and feel like this will be some of their best work yet. Some of their best songs have been produced by Squire. So glad that there will only be 2 producers working on this. On NP there was like 5 and the record was good but it clashed.
05:59 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.

Funny only because I like the Office. I'm super stoked for thier next album. Really wish it was an ep instead though.
06:02 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Hopeless suck at getting artists radio play for good reason, too. Not too easy to get artists radio when your label is rather small, regardless of parent labels. Hell, many bands on majors even have trouble getting radio.

But I agree with the producer statement. Too many hands in the stew on that last album.

Dirty hands at that! The Dream? WTF??? OH GOSH! But Squire and ATL are always a good mix
06:04 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Oh, and their albums have little to no staying power with me. I remember thinking SWIR was the best pop-punk album I heard in a while, and in three weeks I forgot I owned it. Nothing Personal had the same effect.

Maybe you have some sort of Attention disorder. Especially with SWIR the songs on that album were catchy as hell. To this day I can't listen to those songs without singing along.
06:07 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Just looked at John Fields production discography...meh...
Chase This Light by JEW is the only thing I will consider good on it. He's worked with some really crappy artist beside JEW. And CTL is in my opinion their worst album. Not really production wise though.
06:20 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I don't know, I just never loved anything by these guys since The Party Scene and Put Up or Shut Up. I know that's the stereotypical answer around these parts, but it's true. I think I also just grew out of their sound, generally speaking. Still love some pop/pop-punk, just not their brand.

Understandable. I like The Party Scene and Put Up or Shut Up better than their 2 recent albums but it was like with The Party Scene they were going off of influences. With the most recent it's really showing what they want to do as a band. If you like it then cool, if not then cool.
06:22 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
neal avron is also doing a couple tracks for the record

Where did you hear that? I will flip the fuck out if it's true! As much as I just want Squire working on it Avron created the genuis of Cork Tree so I can't complain.
06:29 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Hopeless is an independent label. Do you know how hard it is for independent labels the size of Hopeless to sell a lot of albums, let alone get radio play for their artists?

The album actually did really well, and they definitely did decently on radio. Thus they were able to sign to Interscope...

Well no i'm not blaming them for not getting radio play at all. I know how little control they have over that. Let me rephrase it: It sucks if you're looking for radio play (like they DID want with NP) while you're on an indie lable like Hopeless. I would never say hopeless sucks at anything. Thrice and ATL both have really good careers so far that I admire and I think they can do the same with We Are The In Crowd.

Yeah I think the album peaked at 4 the first week sales. They were talking to major lables before they even started writing for NP though.
06:31 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.

Yeah he created the genius that is your avatar picture there haha.
06:40 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
i heard it from an absolute source. vague, i'm aware, but trust me. there will be a track or two by avron unless plans change

Don't get my hopes up like this. There better be some truth behind this!

OH and the song with Hoppus also better be on the next album!
06:41 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Well no i'm not blaming them for not getting radio play at all. I know how little control they have over that. Let me rephrase it: It sucks if you're looking for radio play (like they DID want with NP) while you're on an indie lable like Hopeless. I would never say hopeless sucks at anything. Thrice and ATL both have really good careers so far that I admire and I think they can do the same with We Are The In Crowd.

Yeah I think the album peaked at 4 the first week sales. They were talking to major lables before they even started writing for NP though.

Fixed back.

ANNNND...TDS has been on Hopless for like 3 years so they should be up where ATL is by now if they were as good as everyone makes them up to be. WATIC hasn't been signed for half a year and already creating a good buzz. ANNND they put on a kick ass live show.
06:45 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
ya I fell the same about CTL being their worst. I completely forgot half the songs after I listened to it. And that deffinitely isn't normal for a JEW album in my opinion.

Hey they're mastering a new album so we can forget CTL cause I have a feeling that this one is going to be very "Futures"istic. :) haha.

Ya...ya see what I did there? haha
08:05 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
easy brotha. there's a HUGE difference between an independent label budget and a major label budget.

I corrected myself! Sorry for any confuse to anyone. What I meant to say is it sucks to be wanting radio play (which i'm sure they strived for with NP because I spotted Damned on the radio a few times) while still on an indie lable. I'm totally aware of what kind of controll everyone at Hopless has when it comes to getting their bands on radio and would never bad mouth Hopeless because they have proven with Thrice and ATL what they are capable of. And are proving it again with The Dangerous Summer an of course Anarbor. And will continue to prove it with WATIC. I appologize for any sort of confusion and I realize what I said came out completly the opposite way I meant it.
10:30 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
there is 100% truth. not sure about the song with hoppus, they are writing with A LOT of different producers and writers and then recording with these dudes. i dont think any of the producers will have anything to do with the writing process this time around

I'm 95% sure the record is already written anyway.
10:40 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
they should go back to leavitt and get back to the party scene/put up or shut up vibe. just my opinion

Funny you mention Paul Leavitt because I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. Like man I want that Put Up or Shut Up or Party Scene element to their next album. And it's super easy to blame it on Squire cause once they worked wiith him on SWIR that's when their sound started to change a bit and people started labeling them as sellouts (not even close to sellouts) But now it's different influences. In those songs they are just finding their sound. Now they have thier sound. If you don't like it then so be it. But they're not sellouts because if you go to their live show they're having a blast playing the new songs. When the performances aren't high energy anymore and Alex and Jack aren't saying dick or fuck every 5 seconds then i'll be worried about this band.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests