Username
Password
All Time Low News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 197.
05:54 AM on 03/24/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Switchfoot and Glen Phillips aren't crappy...
And more importantly, his production on their albums is great. This record is going to have some quality production.
Switchfoot is pretty good. Can't say the same about Glen Philips cause I never got that into it. But Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers are different from All Time Low. Where as Miley or the Jonas brothers need Auto-tune on 8 Alex Gaskarth doesn't need it all. I never said he was a bad producer I just said he's never done anything to make me be super stoked he's producing this album. I'm sure he'll do fine.
05:56 AM on 03/24/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
The album did not do well by mainstream standards and the radio campaign was an absolute flop...i would bet the band would admit that (maybe not publically, but definitely to each other). There was nothing 'decent' about it.

They should be feeling the heat, and I bet they are, because the boat is about to leave the port. "Nothing Personal" was their best shot at Top 40 and their best shot at taking the next step. They peaked in this 'scene' 3 years ago, and they're still stuck here..nothing has progressed.

You don't have names like Sam/Sluggo, Bendeth, Squire & Butch Walker involved with your record and fail to have anything better than 12 'album tracks'. Nothing personal to them (had to).

THIS.

Andddd you're still a bitch Alex. Sink or Swim time, bro. 2010 is gonna be a bitch. Hahahaha.
05:59 AM on 03/24/10
Natesavestheday
User Info.
Iam kinda nervous about this....Three Words To Remember and Put Up or Shut Up were my favorites, not really liking any of their newer stuff
06:27 AM on 03/24/10
Memphis
Eight miles high and falling fast
User Info.
I loved Nothing Personal, and I listened to it nonstop during the Summer. But once Summer was over, I just stopped playing it. I hope the next album keeps me listening longer.
oh well, what else do you need? it's the same as me
07:10 AM on 03/24/10
KY Jelly
User Info.
yeah, dont expect to be happy with this album. im not
09:31 AM on 03/24/10
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
Damn, I'm so excited for this! Nothing Personal is my 2nd favorite 2009 record!
10:11 AM on 03/24/10
HolyCrapola
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
THIS.

Andddd you're still a bitch Alex. Sink or Swim time, bro. 2010 is gonna be a bitch. Hahahaha.

And you're also an insecure pussy.
The failure of others doesn't vindicate or justify your lack of songwriting ability or marketing awareness, regardless of how much you think it does. At least my posts have some intellectual integrity, not just jealous rages by an incapable "musician".

Go back to writing songs no one gives a shit about, and falling completely short of any type of musical career.The hilarity in you telling someone to "sink or swim" when your career isn't even afloat is golden.

Like I said, I will always defend them from obvious personal attacks, especially when they're rooted in substance-less envy.
10:19 AM on 03/24/10
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
The failure of others doesn't vindicate or justify your lack of songwriting ability or marketing awareness, regardless of how much you think it does. At least my posts have some intellectual integrity, not just jealous rages by an incapable "musician".

Go back to writing songs no one gives a shit about, and falling completely short of any type of musical career.The hilarity in you telling someone to "sink or swim" when your career isn't even afloat is gold.

Like I said, I will always defend them from obvious personal attacks, especially when they're rooted in substance-less envy.
How much did NP sell, I know it didn't go that close to gold. I also agree with you in that they have probably peaked as much as they will in this "scene" and they need to gain newer fans with this cd. If anything, NP cemented their fanbase, and hopefully they will buy their next cd, along with any new fans they gain. You seem to know alot about the whole radio process, why do you think Damned if I do ya didn't get played more? Hell even We the kings' singles have all hit top 40 radio.
10:24 AM on 03/24/10
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
please please please be like their older stuff. New record sucked balls except for maybe two tracks.
10:41 AM on 03/24/10
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
please please please be like their older stuff. New record sucked balls except for maybe two tracks.
it will most likely NOT be like their old stuff.
11:02 AM on 03/24/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.

Go back to writing songs no one gives a shit about, and falling completely short of any type of musical career.The hilarity in you telling someone to "sink or swim" when your career isn't even afloat is golden.

Listen here man. It's not rage. I'm humorously talking shit to a guy, who I truthfull consider a joke, on a message board called ABSOLUTEPUNK. I say humorously, because it makes ME laugh. If you think I'm a joke, and that I suck at writing songs, and that my career is non-existant, that's your right.

2010 is going to be a year where REAL music steps into the spotlight over this kind of commercial nonsense. Me saying "sink or swim" was actually a way of teasing the dude saying "the pressure is on." He knows it too. If this record fails, the band will fall right back into the local scene they've stepped all over.

What Alex doesn't realize is that him and I have a ton of mutual friends who can't stand him because of how fake and cocky he is. Both of our bands were on Warped 07.' I know more than any of you would believe.

Theyre fucked because of the way theyve bit every hand that has fed them. Hell, they even fucked over Alternative Press. You dont know anything about why I'm doing this so dont assume that you do. Its your right to defend them as a FAN, but dont go picking fights with me unless you want to fight with me. If you care to know why I am on the offensive, just ask and I will educate you.

Remember how big Sugarcult, The Used, and Story of The Year used to be? They wrote some great songs too. What goes up, must come down. And the way you treat people on the way up will dictate how soon and how hard you fall back down.
11:39 AM on 03/24/10
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
That was quick, hopefully it sounds more like Put Up Or Shut Up.
This. Maybe even like "The Party Scene"
12:02 PM on 03/24/10
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
I have a feeling it'll be more or less the same as Nothing Personal, but i'll listen to it reguardless.
12:17 PM on 03/24/10
BroNamath
Life's a Garden, Dig it!
User Info.
i hope they go in the direction of painting flowers over where they went with nothing personal, but i will be stoked for this non the less
12:21 PM on 03/24/10
HolyCrapola
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Listen here man. It's not rage. I'm humorously talking shit to a guy, who I truthfull consider a joke, on a message board called ABSOLUTEPUNK. I say humorously, because it makes ME laugh. If you think I'm a joke, and that I suck at writing songs, and that my career is non-existant, that's your right.

2010 is going to be a year where REAL music steps into the spotlight over this kind of commercial nonsense. Me saying "sink or swim" was actually a way of teasing the dude saying "the pressure is on." He knows it too. If this record fails, the band will fall right back into the local scene they've stepped all over.

What Alex doesn't realize is that him and I have a ton of mutual friends who can't stand him because of how fake and cocky he is. Both of our bands were on Warped 07.' I know more than any of you would believe.

Theyre fucked because of the way theyve bit every hand that has fed them. Hell, they even fucked over Alternative Press. You dont know anything about why I'm doing this so dont assume that you do. Its your right to defend them as a FAN, but dont go picking fights with me unless you want to fight with me. If you care to know why I am on the offensive, just ask and I will educate you.

Remember how big Sugarcult, The Used, and Story of The Year used to be? They wrote some great songs too. What goes up, must come down. And the way you treat people on the way up will dictate how soon and how hard you fall back down.

You're implying that REAL music can't be commercial, or that there's some sort of massive line in between those two classifications...and that's the overall fault in your mindset. Just because something is commercial, doesn't necessarily means it lacks integrity. In a lot of cases, sure, but it's completely bogus and unfair to label every commercial or pop artist as bullshit. How do you know these All Time Low songs don't truly have stories behind them? Just because the songs are above or below your level of personal understanding, doesn't mean they aren't personal (unless you think you're some sort of musical god who represents the axis of musical integrity... which I wouldn't be surprised with).

And the way you treat people on the way up doesn't dictate shit...ask almost every lead singer in every rock band in history. Rock n roll was formed around douche bags, not saints.

I really don't care why you're offensive, I'm simply saying that you aren't intellectually equipped to speak a sentence without coming across as a tool who's fueled by the same jealous rages i experienced in 4th grade, before my nuts were furry. If you're trying to get a point across, then get it across without your immaturity blanketing every relevant thing you have to say.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums