AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Self-Promotion Spotlight: Say Like the French Say

Posted by - 07:37 PM on 04/18/10
Discovered using the Self-Promotion Forum, this week's choice for the Spotlight Say Like the French Say. Want a shot at getting your band featured here? Sign up for an AP.net account and make a post in the self-promotion forum. Head over to the replies to read more about this week's pick.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
07:38 PM on 04/18/10
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
Say Like the French Say's thread title in the Self Promotion forum said, "RIYL: Motion City Soundtrack, Grizzly Bear." Who wouldn't be at least a little intrigued? I was, and so I clicked. From their two Myspace songs, I get the MCS comparison, especially in the vocals, which have a Justin Pierre-like expressiveness (and SLTFS also hail from Minneapolis). Musically, the moody noodling of "C'est La Vie" takes cues from '90s post-hardcore, while the sauntering strums of "F That" sound like a copycat of Sea Wolf's "You're a Wolf". It's an unusual combination of styles, but if these early mixes are any indication, these guys have what it takes to pull it off seamlessly. Be on the lookout for a full-length, which is currently in the works.
05:16 PM on 12/08/10
Gustopher
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
We're releasing a follow up EP, The Dreaded Carp. Due out Jan 22nd, 2011.

Get a preview at http://www.saylikethefrenchsay.bandcamp.co m

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version