AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Tonight Tonight - 04.27.10

Tonight Tonight - 04.27.10

Interviewed by
Tonight Tonight - 04.27.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Tonight Tonight

www.myspace.com/wearetonighttonight

1. How did you get your band name?
I was driving down a major highway just outside of Toronto, Ontario one day and I looked up at a billboard and for some reason I just thought up the words "Tonight Tonight".

2. How did this band get started?
The band was started about a year and a half ago in Kelowna British Columbia. We are a group of close friends that lived together then and still do now. We spent some time working on a full length record under a different band name and eventually came to the conclusion that we needed to move to the Toronto area.
Its been an adventure ever since.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Our main influences spread across a whole bunch of different bands. Mainly bands like Saosin, Anberlin, Circa Survive, Number One Gun.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
One band I would love to tour with would have to be an old rock band called Boston. other then that I think that what makes touring fun is having a good sense of humor and a positive attitude. I would be willing to tour with any band that fits that criteria .

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
If I were a furry animal I would be a dog, because dogs always get pet and treated like kings.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to our band because of the motivational, uplifting feel. I would hope that our listeners would be interested in the stories behind alot of the songs.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would choose the song Open Eyes. I cant see it being too difficult to get the top score for that song. It's a fairly simple song and it's real catchy.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
If I were to win a Grammy I would thank God, my parents and also a few of my friends that have giving me the motivation to write songs.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would change the way that people are so competitive and I would also make it so people that cant sing would not be allowed to use auto-tune .

10. Memorable tour experience?
One memory of tour was the time that we were driving thru downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba at 3 o'clock in the afternoon after being awake for 20 hours or so. We were playing techno music with all the windows down and dancing up a storm. I'm sure we all looked like huge dorks.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It a great source for all things rock, I check the site a lot. I guess it means, information and good times.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite song to play is "I Know You Know." Its a little lower to sing then most of our others so it gives me the chance to run around a little more on stage.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
My next vacation is gonna be in Europe!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The Rankin Family reminds me of my childhood. They are a Canadian celtic/folk group.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
If I could have a super power it would be a teleport ability, so that I could save us gas money on tour and also so I could see my family more often.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I feel like our band has not "made it" not quite yet. We have come a very long way in the last year but we still have much much more to learn.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Most of our fans don't know that I cut my own hair.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
My fav holiday is New Years!!!!

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time I like to hottub, eat sushi, and go to movies. As a band, we also sometimes invent random games to play in our house.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Hidden talents... I can do back flips and front flips on ski's. I also spend a good portion of my life on a mountain bike. I just like music better now. Its less painful.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
12:42 PM on 05/01/10
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
I assumed you got your name from a Smashing Pumpkins song.
Never heard of this band btw
02:02 AM on 05/02/10
Gin
What'd those animals say to ya?
User Info.
Great band, I still listen to their debut, when they were called "Beauti".
05:35 PM on 05/12/10
xXpunkieeXx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Amazing band!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT