AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
All We Have - Rain City Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8
Musicianship 8
Lyrics 7.5
Production 8
Creativity 7
Lasting Value 7
Reviewer Tilt 8.25
Final Verdict: 77%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

All We Have - Rain City

Reviewed by: HeavenResign (04/29/10)
All We Have - Rain City
Record Label: Self-released
Release date: August 6th, 2009

When I was first linked to All We Have's website, all I expected from the UK-based hardcore band were a few rough demos. What I actually found was much more: a melodic hardcore band with crisp production, moving lyrics, and an emotionally charged scream with incredible pronunciation. Rain City is a fifteen minute powerhouse from beginning to end.

After the first track's onset of thunder, rain, and a melodic guitar introduction, vocalist Richard Long comes in with an almost hauntingly passionate scream: "Have you found what you've been searching for?/Has it made your life worth living for?". Before the listener knows it, they are swept into an unexpected frenzy of fast paced melodic hardcore.

The entire EP is not all set in gloom, however, as the track "Bones" proves. Arguably the climax of the EP, its delicately intertwined melodies are nicely complemented by fast-paced thrashing guitar riffs and powerful drums.

Unwavering in emotion and power throughout, the EP ends giving us all the reminder: "Words can break a heart, and words can break a spirit./We have a voice; it's all we have./We have a voice; it's all we have."

In short, Rain City comes off as a heavy, passionate, well written, and sincere release from All We Have. Considering this is the first release from a band that has only been around since late 2008, All We Have is a band all melodic hardcore fans should be watching.

Recommended If You LikeKilling the Dream; At Half-Mast; Stick To Your Guns; Octaves; Pianos Become The Teeth

Myspace

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
09:35 AM on 05/01/10
Alex1410
User Info.
These guys are awesome
08:38 PM on 05/03/10
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
These guys are awesome
Agreed; I hope these guys explode in popularity. So good.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests