Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts.
06:33 AM on 05/18/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
I have a sort of love-hate thing for these guys. I have not listened to this yet, but I will be soon. Very thorough treatment makes me at least a little interested.
Thanks man. They're one of my faves, so the only way I knew to go about this, was to be as exhaustive as possible.
06:59 AM on 05/18/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Really? Bad...? I thought it was really good and had a cool 80's vibe..also you have to give them credit for stepping out of the Coldplay shadow and trying something different.
Agree with you 100 percent on that one. Cheers.
08:03 AM on 05/18/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Can't believe I'm doing this to you again, but did you mean "Somali-Canadian rapper K'Naan"? Just making sure haha.

Good review, Greg, as per yoozsh. I've always liked Keane, and "predictable" piano-rock, but stepping out into new horizons is always good.
Of course I did. And don't be ashamed. I'm glad you're being such a good copy-editor. Everyone knows Canadra isn't a country. Thanks!
08:06 AM on 05/18/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
This site rates everything so high. If every album gets a score between 80 and 90 how can you tell what's worth listening to. The only time this site is critical on anything is when it's so obviously terrible (neon crunkcore whatever) that it wouldn't matter what review they gave it.

Am I alone here?
I'm one of the most generous reviewers on this site, and while I admit few things get below a 60 from me, I don't really see the knock on this score. In the end, I just tally up the ratings points and it comes out to what it comes out. This disc is far better than just an 80 or an 82, and it's not exactly a 90 either. There's only one really horrific song, and it's not even that intolerable, just confusing. I'm sorry you don't see that. Maybe in time you will.
10:06 AM on 05/18/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Great review, Greg. This is one of my favorite EPs of the year thus far.

Also, hate to be that guy, but Perfect Symmetry came out in '08.
Ya know, I had a feeling it did, but I went with 2009. So, thank you for pointing that out. Will be sure to fix that. And thanks for the kind words.
02:10 PM on 05/18/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
I'm not sure who's who, but I'm pretty sure the lead singer never played the piano.
Point out where I mentioned the vocalist (Chaplin) played the piano and I will be more than glad to omit that. I don't think I wrote that he did, but I could be mistaken.
05:48 AM on 05/19/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
2008's Perfect Symmetry was a step away from the piano-laden past, as Tom Chaplin stepped away from the piano, songwriter Tim Rice-Oxley added bass to the muslcal landscape and ample amounts of splashy synths dotted the record.
Hey, thanks for pointing that out. I will most certainly fix it. I appreciate that so much.
05:48 AM on 05/19/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
You could try, I don't know, reading the actual review to find out what's worth it. If you're taking a purely numerical reccomendation from someone whose tastes you're not familiar with, that's pretty stupid.
I owe you a beer. Thank you!!!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums