AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Beneath Me - Wish I Wouldn't Care Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8
Musicianship 8.25
Lyrics 7.25
Production 6.5
Creativity 7
Lasting Value 8.5
Reviewer Tilt 8.5
Final Verdict: 77%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Beneath Me - Wish I Wouldn't Care

Reviewed by: DryEarth (05/18/10)
Beneath Me - Wish I Wouldn't Care
Record Label: V-Note Records
Release Date: April 13, 2010

Beneath Me's album Wish I Wouldn't Care is an odd record. At first glance, the record would appear to be rather generic; a boring, unoriginal radio metal album.

But sometimes, books shouldn't be judged by their covers. Beneath Me, a hard rock group from Chicago, is not breaking any bounds with this record by any means. The vocalist sounds kinda like the guy from Buckcherry, the guitarists seem to stay close to a familiar set of chords, and the songs slightly blend together.

However, even with its lack of remarkably defining features, there's something different about Wish I Wouldn't Care. The album opens strongly, with the first several tracks showing off the best of the band. Vocalist Franco V Roc shows off a rather impressive set of pipes, and the musicians behind him show competence in their craft; pounding drums compliment two guitarists who go about their work well, throwing in a guitar solo here and their, and even the bassist has a feature here and there.

The record continues like this, throwing in what sounds like a guest vocalist or two (though the album's muddy production makes that hard to tell) as the ten songs play out. It loses a little steam in the middle, but successfully picks it back up at the album's close. The band throws in a few varied portions, acoustic and keyboard sections, in an attempt to add a little variety to the mix.

It can't be said much better than this. Beneath Me's first record is a very solid spin. The record isn't Earth-shattering, but if you're fond of the style, it's definitely worth downloading a few tracks or the album as a whole. Each member of the group has a chance to show their skill at their position, and there's lots of potential for improvement. As a hard rock album, Wish I Wouldn't Care is solid, not spectacular, but definitely not worth writing off. It will be interesting to see if the band can continue improving on their promising style and deliver another entertaining album.

Recommended If You LikeHard rock, with some emo/pop punk sensibilities and hooks. Buckcherry, except not terrible. Promising young talent

www.myspace.com/beneathme

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
04:17 AM on 08/25/10
Knifeovich
We are the music makers...
User Info.
"Buckcherry, except not terrible." I died of laughter.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests