AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
05:36 AM on 06/14/10
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
I dig them. I liked the last EP a good bit. Anxious to give this a listen. But I am going to have to politely disagree on this being more exciting than the World Cup. No effing way. But hey, to each their own!
While there's certainly a lot of hype and excitement over it, I think it far outweighs the actual matches themselves. Just me of course, but I'd rather watch something where one minor mistake by someone results in points for the other team. In soccer, it seems the constellations have to line up just right for a goal to be scored. I forced myself to watch some Saturday, but I just gave up. Not only are there hardly any goals, there are hardly any shots taken. Way, way too boring for me. Maybe if the field were a quarter of its current size, things could be interesting.
07:52 AM on 06/14/10
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
I know each record is reviewed from a certain viewpoint. So, for instance, a band like Valaska could essentially have a higher score than this band. Still, I don't see how.
I've never listened to this Valaska, so I couldn't say. Different reviewers is obviously a factor. I also feel it's kind of necessary to scale down the score for an EP a little. To score it high-80s, for example, would seem to imply that it accomplishes in five tracks what great albums do in ten. Without a doubt, though, the band is a lot of fun to listen to.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests