Password

Album Review
Your Best Friend - Ghosts EP Album Cover

Your Best Friend - Ghosts EP

Reviewed by
Your Best Friend - Ghosts
Release Date: July 10, 2010
Record Label: Unsigned
This review is a user submitted review from DylanPPPP. You can see all of DylanPPPP's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
12:09 PM on 07/19/10
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
this is really good
11:28 PM on 07/19/10
LightTheFuse
Expert Lurker
User Info.
Quote:
One bad thing could be that, because these songs are composed so differently that some of the people who are already big fans of this band may be a tad turned off because they are so different from the originals. This is arguably the only downside to this album, but because this is such an easy thing to get over, it takes next to nothing away from how great the EP truly is, and the last song on the album (the only new song) is enough to make fans of the self-titled not care about how much the old tracks have changed.

I disagree. I am a huge fan of the full length and I think the reworked acoustic versions are great, especially "I'm Afraid of Myself and Everything I Haven't Done". This EP has really got me excited to hear more new songs. Hopefully they'll record sooner rather than later.
12:03 AM on 07/20/10
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
I disagree. I am a huge fan of the full length and I think the reworked acoustic versions are great, especially "I'm Afraid of Myself and Everything I Haven't Done". This EP has really got me excited to hear more new songs. Hopefully they'll record sooner rather than later.
I just say this because the first time I heard the new version of I'm Afraid Of Myself was at their acoustic show in hot topic and I was a little confused at first and didn't know what to think. It took two seconds to second guess that and realize how awesome it was though. Another reason is I didn't want to sound too partial. I had to point out at least ONE downside to it and quite frankly that's the only thing I could think of. I'm stoked for newer material as well. These guys have a big future.
10:04 PM on 07/23/10
SSGW
Sutton
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I saw these guys at a free hot topic show and they were good. I looked them up and thought their music sounded just like I heard it live. Which is hard to find because so many bands alter their voices a lot. I am not into their style of music a whole lot but I sort of like them.

Their new Ep is just as good as anything else I've heard by them.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos