Male - 21 Years Old
Holy crap

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/14/sp...inbrenner.html
07:32 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
Mibabalou
Desolate Earth :: The End Is Here
rip

rough few days for the yankees, guess the whole "this ones for george" was very fitting

hope we can win it again this year
07:47 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
The man revolutionized the way baseball clubs are run. It was rough watching him in deteriorating health the last few years. RIP.
07:55 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
...and somehow I survived
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
"What the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for?! He had 30 home runs and over 100 RBIs last year! He's got a rocket for an arm. You don't know what the hell you're doing!"

-Frank Costanza
08:00 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
Paulie4star
Come on you LOONS!
Minnesota, USA
Male - 24 Years Old
*sighs*
Seinfeld.... never gets old. Love it.
08:06 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
new york
Male - 25 Years Old
rip

rough few days for the yankees, guess the whole "this ones for george" was very fitting

hope we can win it again this year
Yanks win 28 this year its a mortal lock. And sheppard died a few days first so he could be able to announce the arrival of boss into heaven (or hell depending on what team you root for)
08:35 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
chicago
Male - 28 Years Old
lost a legend
09:18 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
geebee889
Registered Goober
Woodstock, GA
Female - 24 Years Old

Seriously.

This depresses me.
09:20 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
Talib Scottie
Isn't it a pity?
Raleigh, NC
Male - 30 Years Old
MrHoratioSanz I wonder if Steinbrenner is already asking Jesus to shave and get a haircut.

RIP
09:23 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
hello299
NC
Male - 27 Years Old
An innovative and savy businessman, whom I greatly respect. With that being said, he ushered in a new era of baseball for the worse. As a result, small and mid market teams struggle to afford players year after year. Ex.) Cleveland Indians - had to trade back to back Cy Young award winners because they wouldn't be able to afford to sign them long term.
09:29 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
RIP George.
10:21 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
MoonlightGraham
Male - 25 Years Old
An innovative and savy businessman, whom I greatly respect. With that being said, he ushered in a new era of baseball for the worse. As a result, small and mid market teams struggle to afford players year after year. Ex.) Cleveland Indians - had to trade back to back Cy Young award winners because they wouldn't be able to afford to sign them long term.

Want some cheese with that wine?

The man should be commended for investing money back into the team, instead of pocketing it and ripping off fans. Plus, he tried to buy the Indians first. Your point is dumb. Go cry over LeBron.
10:38 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
KidRobot
Redemption.
NEW JERSEY
Male - 24 Years Old

The man should be commended for investing money back into the team, instead of pocketing it and ripping off fans. Plus, he tried to buy the Indians first. Your point is dumb. Go cry over LeBron.

umad?
10:41 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
hello299
NC
Male - 27 Years Old

Settle down young buck, I said I respect Steinbrenner for how he turned the Yankees into an empire. But, ask many die hard baseball fans (that aren't Yankee fans) and they will likely express that he changed the state of modern day baseball into a sport of giant contracts and inflated egos. Baseball has always been about building strong farm systems and fuelinig an MLB roster through that aspect. Instead of buying out other teams hard working farm systems top players once they reach all-star status.

As a Yankee and Steinbrenner lover that you seem, you have to aknowledge the controversy and unpopular opinion that Steinbrenner brought to the game.
11:31 AM on 07/13/10 
User Info.
poppa Q
LBTBG
So Ill
Male
Hfs

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music