Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 43.
09:09 AM on 10/23/06
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
you know what...im glad that was brought up. tooth and nail keep sending outadvances with completely different track titles and whatnot. this has happened before. I'm going to go with what I have and how the lyrics match up with what they gave me. If they are wrong when it is officially released, I will fix it. But because Tooth and Nail has done this before. I'm not going to scramble for their mistake.

way to stick it to tha man!!!!!!!
09:57 AM on 10/23/06
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
User Info.
i guess their different sound just didn't cut it.
10:25 AM on 10/23/06
Xain
Sunday Warning
User Info.
I have actually enjoyed this record alot so far. After 5 or 6 listens, it's really grown on me.
11:01 AM on 10/23/06
theguy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah, uninformed article. dead poetic never tours, and did about two tours in the two years between new medicines and vices. sweet dudes though.
11:06 AM on 10/23/06
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
I would give this like a 7.
11:07 AM on 10/23/06
J to the Osh
User Info.
fans of eighteen visions will really be drawn to this album. not saying i like them or anything, but the similarities are definitely there.
11:15 AM on 10/23/06
Greg.Kushlan
Ghostbusting makes me feel good
User Info.
i'll probably download some of this before i decide to buy the new album..
11:24 AM on 10/23/06
disfiguredid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'll probably download some of this before i decide to buy the new album..

you can stream on purevolume/myspace. or you can be an asshole and download. your call.
12:54 PM on 10/23/06
Greg.Kushlan
Ghostbusting makes me feel good
User Info.
you can stream on purevolume/myspace. or you can be an asshole and download. your call.
ive heard those and want to hear different songs.
i guess i'll be an asshole since i dont want to spend $13.99 on something i might not like.
01:32 PM on 10/23/06
eversoinviting
What are you supposed to put here?
User Info.
i don't wanna be a dick or anything but don't review cds from bands you don't know to much about
02:10 PM on 10/23/06
disfiguredid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i don't wanna be a dick or anything but don't review cds from bands you don't know to much about

ha, thank you. i think you summed up this thread.

seriously, did they send you a bio? did you read it? is it wrong too and you're gonna blame tooth and nail for it???
02:28 PM on 10/23/06
[Mike]
making waves.
User Info.
I completely disagree, I love this CD very much.
06:04 PM on 10/23/06
Marsbar
User Info.
I'm really not sure about this CD...
I was really into the whole 'screamo' scene when I bought New Medicines... I just heard the title track and sprung the money for it. It's now one of my favorite CDs... But when I heard the new demos I couldn't believe my ears. They sounded awful and everyone (EVERYONE!) was complaining about their new sound. I heard Narcotic early this summer and hated them even more. Recently, In Coma's been growing on me. I will buy the CD, I enjoyed their last one enough to do that, but I think they should've tried for a good CD, not the whole "let's make the best CD ever!" (<-- which they did try to do, and apparently failed!) I mean, if you don't try you won't fail!
And what's the deal with them dropping off the Red Jumpsuit tour? Will I ever see them? (Not that I wanted to see Jumpsuit at all)
07:17 PM on 10/23/06
gottastayfly
User Info.
ill have to agree with this. i dont like the new stuff. In fact I LOVE the first two releases. They are actually among my fav. cds. As i visit the myspace and hear this new stuff i'm disappointed. Not only with that but they jumped ship on the red jumpsuit apparatus tour which in my opinion would've helped them so much.

oh well.maybe one day
07:50 PM on 10/23/06
[Mike]
making waves.
User Info.
I'm really not sure about this CD...
I was really into the whole 'screamo' scene when I bought New Medicines... I just heard the title track and sprung the money for it. It's now one of my favorite CDs... But when I heard the new demos I couldn't believe my ears. They sounded awful and everyone (EVERYONE!) was complaining about their new sound. I heard Narcotic early this summer and hated them even more. Recently, In Coma's been growing on me. I will buy the CD, I enjoyed their last one enough to do that, but I think they should've tried for a good CD, not the whole "let's make the best CD ever!" (<-- which they did try to do, and apparently failed!) I mean, if you don't try you won't fail!
And what's the deal with them dropping off the Red Jumpsuit tour? Will I ever see them? (Not that I wanted to see Jumpsuit at all)

Yeah, I got into Dead Poetic at the "musical timeline" I was really digging screamo. I'm actually glad they redefined their sound, I am not so much into it anymore and the "genre" (using that term loosely) it greatly oversaturated. I also did hear the negative backlash about all the demos, I guess it was good that I never ended up hearing them.

They dropped off that tour because some members of the band wanted to spend time with their families, no one was leaving the band, as rumors stated.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests