AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 56
04:35 AM on 08/11/10
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
I love "Long Walk Home" and like a few of their other songs. They deserved better though.
06:19 AM on 08/11/10
AShannon04
http://drewshannon.net
User Info.
Always Leave the Ground is one of my favorite albums ever.

Whatever happened to that solo tour that Jeff was supposed to do? I'm assuming he maybe got busy with the Jeff Martin / Steve Padin stuff instead?
06:28 AM on 08/11/10
Here It Goes
Registered Member
User Info.
Love, love, love this band. Second place victory was my wife and I's first dance song at our wedding.

Props to you bro. I came in here to say this, minus the wife thing. "Second Place Victory" is one of the most beautiful songs anyone will ever hear.
06:35 AM on 08/11/10
xdrummerxdudex
i am a legend
User Info.
111 records was really good to the spill canvas, mashlin and this day & age. funny how you dont really hear about that label anymore
06:38 AM on 08/11/10
tradeyourdemise
All the world is mad.
User Info.
The Bell and the Hammer is my favorite CD of all time. While I love The Reign of Kindo so much, I wish I could hear This Day & Age songs performed live one more time.
06:50 AM on 08/11/10
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Bell and the Hammer is a top ten all-time album for me. I can find no wrong with it. Miss this band so much, but am glad that we are still getting output from the rest of them; if all bands that broke up formed something as good as The Reign of Kindo, break ups wouldn't be as tragic.
06:51 AM on 08/11/10
sjb2k1
4-3, the kyle orton show
User Info.
seven-eighty is one of my favorite songs ever. "i'd still wait for you if that's what it took, we could run into the future without a second look"
06:52 AM on 08/11/10
Momo32T
User Info.
The Bell And The Hammer clearly shows elements that definitely evolved into The Reign Of Kindo's discography. The Reign Of Kindo's formation makes This Day & Age's breakup the most bittersweet band breakup in my mind.

If my avatar indicates anything, I miss this band terribly.
07:36 AM on 08/11/10
quesosauce
"that guy"
User Info.
always leave the ground was a great disc
07:38 AM on 08/11/10
Garrett Holmes
Showbread / Garrett
User Info.
One of the sadder demonstrations of very talented bands not getting enough recognition when they were making records.

true....and seven-eighty was a good jam
07:59 AM on 08/11/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
My old band played their "last show" in 07' and the drummer had a ninja turtles kit. It was fucking awesome and their entire band was phenominal. Those were some nice dudes.
08:16 AM on 08/11/10
sean_tbl
User Info.
It is a very tough comparison. I mean The Reign of Kindo just oozes that musicianship talent that can't be matched.

But there was just something about Jeff Martin and This Day & Age that was special. I guess it was the simple complexities of their songs. The Bell and The Hammer is certainly one of my favorite albums of all time and as someone else said, you can see the groundwork layed on this album to what would become The Reign of Kindo; who only get better with each album.

So while I wish they were around, I couldn't imagine not having The Reign of Kindo and now with Jeff & Steve's songs it's like double the pleasure and soon hopefully another great band from Kelly.
08:59 AM on 08/11/10
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
Damn, i really miss them. Always Leave the Ground is one of my favorite albums, but a lost it a few years ago. I wish i was able to see them live.
09:00 AM on 08/11/10
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
Love, love, love this band. Second place victory was my wife and I's first dance song at our wedding.
that's so cute.
09:04 AM on 08/11/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Great work, Matthew - glad you chose to pick them for this feature. One of the sadder demonstrations of very talented bands not getting enough recognition when they were making records.

Definitely. Let's hope this doesn't happen with TROK.

That's awesome! Second Place Victory is an incredible song.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos