AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Runner Runner News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Runner Runner Behind the Scenes

Posted by - 08:05 PM on 08/12/10
A behind the scenes look at Runner Runner's performance on Jimmy Kimmel can be seen here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
10:09 PM on 08/12/10
BERS
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Worst Band Ever!
10:28 PM on 08/12/10
pasthefence49
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I usually dont make fun of bands....but,

Was it just me or do they all have the same 100$ haircut?
10:47 PM on 08/12/10
HeadSock
User Info.
There are worse.
10:48 PM on 08/12/10
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
and the rise to mega-douche continues
11:30 PM on 08/12/10
Aneurisms07
User Info.
Over It...
06:27 AM on 08/13/10
EmoErk
User Info.
wow great to see a bunch of guys in their early 30s acting like they are 16
08:50 AM on 08/13/10
thisisryan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow great to see a bunch of guys in their early 30s acting like they are 16
hell yeah man......who are these guys trying to kid? they should honestly be ashamed of themselves. why am i not surprised they are touring in a bus. there is no way in hell this band is making enough money themselves to pay for that thing everyday. this whole band just reeks of major label failure. dropped june 2011.
08:59 AM on 08/13/10
thisisryan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I usually dont make fun of bands....but,

Was it just me or do they all have the same 100$ haircut?
i feel the same about the same stupid haircut.

let us not forget

02:14 PM on 08/13/10
Figure8Guitar
User Info.
does anyone else feel creeped out watching these guys now? I feel weird looking at 5 dudes all wearing the same tight, neon clothes....especially knowing what they all used to be like. They have turned into the people that they probably used to make fun of back in the day haha. Some people still try to defend them for some odd reason and say they are doing what they love....but come on....just LOOK at them!

I hate using the term "sellouts"....but they are the definition of that.
02:20 PM on 08/13/10
JohnGarrighan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll just play devils advocate. These guys were in bands for years trying to pay the bills. Having spent some time with Nick and Ryan years ago, they are good at the job they have. That job being writing music and entertaining people. I'm not 20 anymore. If I wanted to keep making albums I'm sure I would have to change something. I don't get to ride around in a tour bus anymore. I broker healthcare professionals. I admire the fact that they are still doing what they love. I don't think they sold out. They adapted.
02:23 PM on 08/13/10
thisisryan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
does anyone else feel creeped out watching these guys now? I feel weird looking at 5 dudes all wearing the same tight, neon clothes....especially knowing what they all used to be like. They have turned into the people that they probably used to make fun of back in the day haha. Some people still try to defend them for some odd reason and say they are doing what they love....but come on....just LOOK at them!

I hate using the term "sellouts"....but they are the definition of that.
i agree. its just so awkward and insincere. they are too old and too late for this. i'm 26, and i know for sure i would feel like the ultimate douche bag prancing around the stage with a silly hair cut. i cant imagine how these guys could possibly be taking themselves seriously.
02:36 PM on 08/13/10
thisisryan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll just play devils advocate. These guys were in bands for years trying to pay the bills. Having spent some time with Nick and Ryan years ago, they are good at the job they have. That job being writing music and entertaining people. I'm not 20 anymore. If I wanted to keep making albums I'm sure I would have to change something. I don't get to ride around in a tour bus anymore. I broker healthcare professionals. I admire the fact that they are still doing what they love. I don't think they sold out. They adapted.
i agree that everybody needs to make a living for themselves. but there is certainly no long term success involved with being in a band like this. maybe if they werent writing songs that didn't sound like a broke ass metro station (who is god awful to begin with), they wouldn't come off like such bozo's. why couldn't they write a bit more mature sounding songs. i'm not saying they need play some whacky off the wall indie songs. but simple music, people in their mid 20's could connect with. i understand people in their mid 20's are probably spending the least amount of money on music, but there is absolutely NO longevity involved with this. not to mention i'm willing to bet, they are making enough to scrape by, but hey they get to ride around in a nice bus? if they wanted to MAKE money off this circus, they are certainly going about it the wrong way. the last thing i would be doing if i were in Runner Runner, is get a bus. unless of course they got that bus at an INSANELY low and retarded price. i don't know, i know i sound like a hater, i just expected more from these dudes in particular. just like you, i too used to tour. many tours with both dont look down and over it. and i know these guys are nothing but passionate. i just think its a shame for them dumb themselves down like this. it just doesn't work.
03:12 PM on 08/13/10
Figure8Guitar
User Info.
i agree that everybody needs to make a living for themselves. but there is certainly no long term success involved with being in a band like this. maybe if they werent writing songs that didn't sound like a broke ass metro station (who is god awful to begin with), they wouldn't come off like such bozo's. why couldn't they write a bit more mature sounding songs. i'm not saying they need play some whacky off the wall indie songs. but simple music, people in their mid 20's could connect with. i understand people in their mid 20's are probably spending the least amount of money on music, but there is absolutely NO longevity involved with this. not to mention i'm willing to bet, they are making enough to scrape by, but hey they get to ride around in a nice bus? if they wanted to MAKE money off this circus, they are certainly going about it the wrong way. the last thing i would be doing if i were in Runner Runner, is get a bus. unless of course they got that bus at an INSANELY low and retarded price. i don't know, i know i sound like a hater, i just expected more from these dudes in particular. just like you, i too used to tour. many tours with both dont look down and over it. and i know these guys are nothing but passionate. i just think its a shame for them dumb themselves down like this. it just doesn't work.
Yeah I definitely see what you mean. These guys are good songwriters and definitely needed to continue on. I can understand that the scene has changed and so the sounds of Over It and Don't Look Down might be a little too "dated" to have much success...but there is a HUGE difference between progressing/changing your sound and just jumping on whatever stupid trend is popular at the time. The music itself is one thing, but the fact that they dress like that just tells you all you need to know. Call it "marketing" or whatever you want, it just shows they want to make money off of this and that it doesn't have much to do with music anymore. I know what you mean when you say there's no long-term future in this band. As soon as this fad dies off, this band is done for.
04:23 PM on 08/13/10
roche
You think a pirate lives in there?
User Info.
Worst Over It song EVER.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT