AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Drop Dead Gorgeous News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 51 of 51.
12:00 AM on 08/26/10
rushour144
User Info.
when albums don't do well bands make up an excuse, or for a reason that I can't understand, claim they don't like their work. Very rarely does an album do well in sales and the band claim they didn't like the album.
New Again sucked and Adam admits it's a bad album, Anberlin apologized for New Surrender, And Fred claimed that The Color Fred was rushed.
If fans loved the album i'm sure DD,G would be hailing the producer, it's just the way people are wired. I don't think bands put out music they didn't like. Do you think Adam didn't like the songs he wrote on New Again? It's after fans say "this shit is weak" does he change his tune.
The thing WTAFT had that their other albums didnt have was structure with a very poppy chorus. Give it another spin with an open mind.

Donner, Party of Five probably imo has the best chorus they've ever done, while 45223s guitar work hits so hard it beats my gf

I get ya, still don't agree with WTAFT, but I totally agree on the color fred and Anberlin!
04:23 AM on 08/26/10
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I see what you are saying, but art is seen in many different ways!!! Where you may think a certain art is brilliant (wtaft) i think is just ehhh!

My theory of art (in music) is As Cities Burn's "Come Now Sleep".
Come Now Sleep is such a damn good album. ACB are amazing musicians in general.
05:20 AM on 08/26/10
saveferris
Fine, I tried
User Info.
haha the singer of Attila is that guy from mtv's made a while back, where he wanted to become a model right?
Yes, that's what I was thinking
07:55 AM on 08/26/10
Young Machetes
Wasteland Explorer
User Info.
I think you made me throw up a little! Even Drop Dead thought Worse than a Fairy Tale was pure crap, hahaha! THats why they only play like 1 song off it (which is the only okay song!)
They only play one song off of it because the fans don't like it. The guys are actually quite proud of the record.
08:46 AM on 08/26/10
MementoMori351
User Info.
why'd they play 'in vogue' in its entirety, imo it's their weakest album. i wouldve love to see 'the hot and heavy' live all the way through. was it like an anniversary thing?

They probably realised after In Vogue it was all downhill. Might as well play their most popular album. Wouldn't be surprised if they break up very soon. Kinda sucks, considering I love their early stuff.
05:07 AM on 08/28/10
Christian Otte
Get money fuck bitches smoke trees
User Info.
I seriously have no idea how people can enjoy In Vogue - the vocals sound so amazingly bad.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests