AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

blessthefall - His Last Walk Album Cover

blessthefall - His Last Walk

Reviewed by
It was a normal mid-august night in good ol' Austin, Tejas until I was fortunate enough to experience the musical act known as blessthefall. I have to say that I was nothing less than blown away in the auditory sense of course. Immediately after witnessing the spectacular thirty-minute set, I rushed over to the merch-table to see what goodies I could purchase, to support a band I had known for about thirty-five minutes at that point. Even so, I was confident in my spending. I knew from that point that this extraordinary band would become "something" and they would do so very soon.

About two months later, blessthefalll released their debut full-length album that encompasses six new mind-blowing tracks and of course my favorites from the self-titled EP. I picked up this album with extremely high hopes I was not let down. They have impressed me yet once again.

The first track on the record is "A Message To The Unknown." This track starts off this eleven track party with a bang. This is a stand-out track because of the intense energy brought in successfully introducing the band. Next is "Guys Like You Make Us Look Bad," continuing in the musical onslaught of decimation. There is no denying a solid track has been conveyed. To end the movement correctly, they toss in some much-needed double-bass that intensifies the ending and I as well as many are probably content. Next is an old song from the EP, but never the less a worthy addition. Higinia is a track that shows us vocalist Craig really does have vocal homeostasis. "Could Tell A Love" is next, another new one and a solid effort at that displays extensive guitar work from this batch of young fellows. "Rise Up" follows, this track is overall not as insane on the energy meter as the previous tracks, but shows us the drumming skills of "The Moose." Overall a solid rock imprint. Next in the line-up is two oldies, "Times Like These" and "Pray," impressive tracks from an impressive band. After comes blessthefall's Underoath-esque piano ballad reminiscent of D.T.G.L but not as impressive.

After a short breather, the metal obliteration continues with another two tracks of impressive musical standard for any band and especially a new one. The second of the two is Black Rose Dying, probably the track that a lot of people found the band through. Definately a track to remember, but I have a feeling that there will be many more to come in that same line. Ending the album is an appropriate metal farewell is the title-track of the record, "His Last Walk." Basically a three-minute attack on your ears followed by four minutes of silence, and then four minutes of the band having a little fun and showing that they are normal people.

If I had to find a bad point of the record it would be number of new songs that could have been placed on the album. But even then 6 to 5 seems like an even balance of tracks and still did a good job there as well. This also saves the newcomers money because they do not need to purchase the EP to hear blessthefall as a whole.

Listeners who have heard the EP prior will not be dissappointed as it showcases all of the elements of blessthefall and blends it into a remarkable amalgamation that will stand out in the so-called "screamo" genre. I suggest picking it up and checking them out on tour.

-Tracks-
1. A Message To The Unknown
2. Guys Like You Make Us Look Bad
3. Higinia
4. Could Tell A Love
5. Rise Up
6. Times Like These
7. Pray
8. With Eyes Wide Shut
9. Wait For Tomorrow
10. Black Rose Dying
11. His Last Walk
-Release Date-
November 7, 2006
-Length-
46:06
This review is a user submitted review from FaceLixeMurder. You can see all of FaceLixeMurder's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
07:36 PM on 11/17/06
polock
yaaaankee! swap
User Info.
cool
06:43 AM on 11/21/06
hopeless fate
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this banf is awesome
05:54 PM on 11/26/06
youwithoutMe
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it's Blessthefall. that's like calling mewithoutYou Me Without You

and yes this band is good.
03:47 PM on 11/30/06
black.converse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My Heroine
03:35 PM on 12/02/06
failuretimes7
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this band is terible. "metal" is no way to describe this "typical screamo" band. Starting every song (that ive heard) with screaming is pretty fucking cool! oh wait no its not.
11:28 AM on 12/12/06
Ian_Carman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
great band with intense music that keeps my blood going...
:-D
07:38 PM on 12/21/06
FilledXheart
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Awesomee!
08:26 AM on 01/18/07
black star
User Info.
AHHH
i love bless the fall!!!!
:D
you guys are the absolue without a doubt the BEST BAND IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!
10:32 AM on 01/18/07
Distortion
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Spell the bands name right if you love them so much.
its Blessthefall!
thats like saying wecamewithbrokenteeth is we came with broken teeth lmao
yes i know im a copy cat
04:48 AM on 02/17/07
.Thisismyrifle.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yah no kidding, its Blessthefall haha
great album, great band.
02:45 AM on 02/21/07
symbiote28
Be Human
User Info.
blessthefall is definately one of my top 5 artists now!
08:55 AM on 02/21/07
Deathfire578
Angel's Light
User Info.
this band is terible. "metal" is no way to describe this "typical screamo" band. Starting every song (that ive heard) with screaming is pretty fucking cool! oh wait no its not.

Dude, you're adopted. Nobody loves you. This band is fuckin awsome, they play one of the best live shows i've ever seen, and you're opinion means nothing to anyone. ha.
04:18 PM on 04/01/07
witchylilchick
Syd
User Info.

Dude, you're adopted. Nobody loves you. This band is fuckin awsome, they play one of the best live shows i've ever seen, and you're opinion means nothing to anyone. ha.

I agree with Deathfire. This is an awesome band and they completely kick ass in concert.
05:33 PM on 05/07/07
BTFizzle14
User Info.
btf is somethin else...absolutely amazing band, amazing cd, and an even more amazing live show...if ya aint seen em...GO!! your missing out

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos