1. How did you get your band name?
I have a Thorcraft Cobra amp. It’s magnificent.
2. How did this band get started?
Tammy and I have known each other for a long time. With this project, I had a bunch of demos and played them for her, and she liked them. And we finished them together. And the rest is magic.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Elliott Smith, The Beatles, Stevie Wonder, Prince, Radiohead, Manic Street Preachers, Foo Fighters, Supertramp, Sabrosa Purr, Zuckerbaby, Sloan.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Led Zepplin. Because – Christ – just to witness that circus would be AMAZING. Also – they fucking rule.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I’m already furry enough. I guess if Natalie Portman had a little lap dog – I would want to be that furry animal.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We’ll make them smarter, better human beings.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I guess "Party Clock" or "Obsession." Honestly, there’s no serious shredding or anything to be super difficult, but I think there’s some cool playing in those.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
If I won a Grammy, I would thank my mom. And Tammy. And my friends Richard Jochelson and Jared Kuemper. Holla.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would embrace file sharing, and arrange a deal with the ISP’s involving tracking of file sharing and royalty payments being made to artists. Unfortunately, I’m sure that ship has sailed. So – I’d maybe just want radio to move away from focus grouping and only playing major label music. Imagine if real music lovers were program directors again and had autonomy? It happens somewhat on Satellite… Would be rad if there were truly great terrestrial commercial music stations.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Kurt from New Pornagraphers (then the drummer in Age of Electric) stealing a girl away from me in Saskatoon. I’m sure she and I would have had a beautiful and rewarding life together. Damn you Kurt. (Btw – that guy f’n rules. Great drummer)
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Makes me feel like I should play louder, faster music.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
NYC. Love the NYC.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Neil Diamond. And Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Queen, etc. I had older brothers, so I had rad taste in music as a kid.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would be able to emit some ray that turns people like bright orange when they lie. Maybe I already have this power, but it only works on John Boehner.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
When we can play to 500 person + audiences in each of London, New York, Tokyo, Melbourne and Vancouver, that would be making it enough for me. I don’t need or want to be Axl Rose. I just want to touch some people. Good touch, good touch.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
They don’t know yet that they’re my fans. Wait – that’s what they don’t know about themselves. Whatever – I like that answer.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Canadian Thanksgiving. It’s in October, you know.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch planes landing.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
My talents are all overt.