Password
General Announcement News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 53.
07:14 PM on 11/17/10
undtheuniverse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
LOL!
i don't think these guys were ever even considered a joke on Long Island. Their old band? maybe? i don't know...they were young. But Gabriel the Marine, ha...these guys are fun dudes, would never consider them a joke in anyway when it comes to the music scene at all, even when they first started, they were always good

Well im gonna assume you never seen them when they were The Farewell Effect then, seeing as they were the biggest joke this scene has had in a while. They were playing bad Stereo Skyline Bsides and acted like they were bigger than Stereo.
07:15 PM on 11/17/10
undtheuniverse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Robbie never wrote any songs for us lmao ... In fact We are still good friends you can ask him yourself lol.

Except for the fact that the one time i saw you guys he needed to set up all your equipment, tune everything and basically was the only person standing infront seeing as he needed to tell you guys what to do.
07:16 PM on 11/17/10
undtheuniverse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I remember playing a show with them back a while ago. It was a Stereo/Scenes&Sirens show. I had to sell a lot of tickets to play 3rd to last lol. I saw them before I went on and had this moment of "oh crap, i'm nothing compared to them"

I still think they are amazing and am really glad to see something good come out of the scene. One of only a few good things lol

p.s. hotel of the laughing tree rules too!

Oh man i bet your band was amazing playing with these guys, Stereo and Scenes&Sirens, im surprised i never heard of you guys.
07:21 PM on 11/17/10
hankmikedesmond
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you already got owned relax !
07:30 PM on 11/17/10
Coyyfriendly
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How about you do what every other normal band does either sign to a label or get a job. I love how they posted incentives for donating $800 and more. You guys are from Long Island, why not just have mommy and daddy pay for it?
Hey man are you in a band? Do you know how hard it is to do things like this? Have you ever thought that working with a higher-end producer can take a band to the next step in their career? If you do not part take in playing in a band you should shut your mouth. Learn and respect. I bet they achieve there goal and they'll be on their way to a long successful career.
07:31 PM on 11/17/10
CstrzRock
Nice Guys Finish First / Russell
User Info.
Hey man are you in a band? Do you know how hard it is to do things like this? Have you ever thought that working with a higher-end producer can take a band to the next step in their career? If you do not part take in playing in a band you should shut your mouth. Learn and respect. I bet they achieve there goal and they'll be on their way to a long successful career.
Don't bother with undtheuniverse. He's just jealous.
07:34 PM on 11/17/10
thelaughingtree
just keep your head above
User Info.
this.
07:44 PM on 11/17/10
undtheuniverse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Haha yepp im just jealous, im also jealous of Nice guys finish first. You are just so amazing! Bahahaha
07:46 PM on 11/17/10
undtheuniverse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Yes i completely understand this and when a band is ready i completely agree they should do it, but it is different when you are basically begging people for money so you can go record a cd. It is more respectable to go play for change at Penn Station then doing this crap.
07:50 PM on 11/17/10
undtheuniverse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you already got owned relax !

Got owned? Sorry if im distracting you from begging more morons to give you their hard earned money so you can go record your new album.
07:52 PM on 11/17/10
CstrzRock
Nice Guys Finish First / Russell
User Info.
07:57 PM on 11/17/10
undtheuniverse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Did i hurt your feelings Russell? Now go back to making some terrible electronic music that no one will ever checkout!
07:57 PM on 11/17/10
Coyyfriendly
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yes i completely understand this and when a band is ready i completely agree they should do it, but it is different when you are basically begging people for money so you can go record a cd. It is more respectable to go play for change at Penn Station then doing this crap.
I bet these guys would do exactly that. They work their asses off. When something or someone is good, just come out and admit it. I'm sure these boys only get payed maybe $100 each show and what good does that do? Covers gas. Trying to save money as a band is very difficult at times. There is van updates to make sure the vehicle is working fine, gas, practice space rentals, van insurance and etc. All these things add up. The higher paying gigs are hard to get. Colleges usually pay the most money but still its hard to even get those. Listen to the good words of Aretha Franklin my friend: RESPECT.
07:58 PM on 11/17/10
undtheuniverse
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I bet these guys would do exactly that. They work their asses off. When something or someone is good, just come out and admit it. I'm sure these boys only get payed maybe $100 each show and what good does that do? Covers gas. Trying to save money as a band is very difficult at times. There is van updates to make sure the vehicle is working fine, gas, practice space rentals, van insurance and etc. All these things add up. The higher paying gigs are hard to get. Colleges usually pay the most money but still its hard to even get those. Listen to the good words of Aretha Franklin my friend: RESPECT.

Then how come i don't see any respectable bands asking people for donations just so they can do something every band does like record a cd?
08:01 PM on 11/17/10
Coyyfriendly
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Then how come i don't see any respectable bands asking people for donations just so they can do something every band does like record a cd?
Please elaborate. In your eyes, who are some respectable bands?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS