AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts.
01:49 PM on 11/28/10
Heroin Robot
User Info.
An unfortunate hiatus, for sure. I remember Mae filling my old Sony MiniDisc player back in the day before iPods plagued the world. Like for many, they fell out of my favor when Singularity was released. But they came back hard with their seasons project and charity efforts.

I was at the final show last night in Norfolk. It was my first time seeing them (I regret not seeing these locals more). When songs like Embers and Envelopes, Skyline Drive, and Mistakes We Knew We Were Making came on, I got emotional as they put me in a time and place in my life so seemingly distant. I think I had an epiphany during Goodbye, Goodnight.

The set was chockfull of every Mae song you'd want and expect them to play after their long career. You could tell the band was emotional and nostalgic at times, and singer/guitarist/xylophonist Dave was vocal about his appreciation for all of us supporting his band over the years. They were genuine and grateful.

The entire set (and interviews backstage) by Mae was being recorded by multiple cameras for what will surely be an enjoyable DVD release. During the show none of the band mentioned their future plans, but leaving the venue I was handed a flyer for the 'drummer of Mae's' new band. Just a reminder that though Mae is gone collectively, individually the members will continue in music.

Who knows if they'll ever hold a light to what Mae as a band was able to accomplish, creating a deep catalogue of heartfelt songs and fan favorites spanning every record. I am just thrilled I was there for one last hoorah. There was no better way to spend my Saturday (e)vening than with Mae.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests