AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Much the Same News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Much the Same Van Accident

Posted by - 09:04 AM on 01/19/07
Much the Same have had a van accident and will be dropping off their tour for as long as it takes to get a new one. All the details are below, and the band is asking for donations to help get them back on the road.
Much the Same UpdateThursday afternoon, while driving west on I-90 on the way to Seattle, we lost control of our van and trailer and ran off the road. The trailer hit a tree and ripped part of the frame from our van, which then slid on two wheels head on into another tree, which then spun us around and flipped the van on its side. Miraculously, we're all pretty much okay, with just a couple aches and bruises. Unfortunately the van and trailer were not so lucky and are both completely wrecked.

We've decided that if we can, we'll buy a new van and trailer and continue the tour as soon as we can, probably picking it up in Santa Cruz or Bakersfield. From what we know now, even if the insurance does cover the accident it will not cover the trailer, putting us a few thousand dollars in debt even if the gear is okay, which we haven't been able to check yet.

I personally hate to ask this of our fans and friends, but we simply don't have the money to keep going this way (on this tour or future ones) without some help to get us out of this hole. I've set up a Paypal donation button for anyone who can spare anything, even if it's just $1, which can be paid by credit card or online check. We appreciate anything you can do to help, we would never ask if it wasn't our only option.

Pictures and donation link at http://blog.myspace.com/muchthesame

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
09:11 AM on 01/19/07
ohfaceit
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I donated!!
09:12 AM on 01/19/07
fenderkid212
Come on!
User Info.
This really sucks, i always feel bad when a band gets in a wreck or is robbed, regardless of what band it is.
09:43 AM on 01/19/07
decrescendo27
www.KillLincolnDC.com
User Info.
damn

their new album is one of the best albums I have ever heard

check them out if you haven't heard it
11:54 AM on 01/19/07
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
It's been snowing a lot here in Seattle, but all the ice IN Seattle was melted by last night, so I wonder where they actually slipped.
12:58 PM on 01/19/07
thehollins
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Help these guys out if you can. Great band that has worked their way up after so many years.
04:15 PM on 01/21/07
Obiwankainobi
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
great bunch of guys...what a shame. on the bright side, at least everyone is ok.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos