Username
Password

10:27 AM on 05/05/11 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
there's a great atmosphere in that clip.

Agreed. Speaks volumes on what sort of film this will be - I was really unsure based solely on stills and descriptions. I'm really digging it. And it's basically the only movie coming out on the weekend it's released, hopefully this means a bigger release and more success. It's about time Refn had some sort of hit.
10:34 AM on 05/05/11 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 21 Years Old
clip looks really fucking great
12:46 PM on 05/05/11 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
Watching it again and again makes me even more excited. This clip is so suspenseful, there actually seems to be more stakes in this two minute clip than in most action films.
02:23 PM on 05/05/11 
User Info.
-Aaron-
^_^
Chicago mane.
Male - 26 Years Old
Despite the fact that Ryan Gosling is ABSOLUTELY the worst actor alive, he's cool, calm, collected and likable in this clip. The cinematography is gorgeous. Kind of ironic that we barely see any crazy driving in a clip from a movie called Drive. That's what we should expect from Nicolas Winding Refn - the unexpected.

The fuck are you talking about, worst actor alive.
02:27 PM on 05/05/11 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
The fuck are you talking about, worst actor alive.

Well, I certainly didn't whisper it.
02:37 PM on 05/05/11 
User Info.
-Aaron-
^_^
Chicago mane.
Male - 26 Years Old
You're insane man.
02:40 PM on 05/05/11 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old

I find Gosling to be our generation's answer to Keanu, though Keanu is still sort of our generation to Keanu. He wants to be our generation's Pacino or DeNiro, though. It's not working out for him.
04:54 AM on 05/08/11 
User Info.
McSavah
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
The Netherlands
Male - 24 Years Old
Looks good indeed, no surprise of course with Refn being the director. This Drive is btw one of my favourite comedies, too funny.
04:02 PM on 05/08/11 
User Info.
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
Really wanna see this
04:03 PM on 05/08/11 
User Info.
PepsiOne
Los Angeles, CA
Male
So excited for this. Love Gosling.
10:02 AM on 05/09/11 
User Info.
Smash Adams
Ain't no thing like me, except me
Long Island
Male - 26 Years Old

Driver (RYAN GOSLING) is a stunt driver by day and a getaway driver by night. Doesn’t matter what job he does, Driver is most comfortable behind the wheel of a car. Shannon (BRYAN CRANSTON) is part mentor, part manager for Driver. Since he knows what a great talent Driver is behind the wheel, he either peddles him to film and television directors in the entertainment business or thieves who need an accomplished getaway driver, taking a cut for his own pockets. Always looking to make a buck, Shannon’s current plan is funding a stock car that Driver can race on the professional circuit. Since Bernie Rose (ALBERT BROOKS) is the wealthiest guy he knows, even if the sources of his money are questionable, Shannon proposes he be their investor. After seeing Driver in action at the speedway, Bernie Rose insists Nino (RON PERLMAN) partners with them as well. Primarily a loner and ambivalent about the deals Shannon makes for him, Driver’s world changes the day he shares an elevator ride at his apartment building with Irene (CAREY MULLIGAN). When he sees her again at the grocery store with her young son, Benicio (KADEN LEOS), he is transfixed, and willingly offers help when they are stranded in the parking lot because Irene’s car won’t start. Soon Driver settles into a routine of driving Irene to her waitress job and watching Benicio, entangled in their lives while her car is fixed. This interlude in Driver’s life abruptly stops when Standard (OSCAR ISAAC), Irene’s husband, is let out early from prison for good behavior. Even though nothing has happened between Driver and Irene, Standard is threatened by another man’s presence in his family’s life. Driver backs off, respectful of Irene’s desire to keep her family together, but when he finds Standard bloodied and lying in the garage with a scared Benicio standing next to his father, Driver is embroiled even further in Irene’s life. Then trouble begins…
12:02 PM on 05/09/11 
User Info.
meeotch
...all we fight for
Raleigh, NC
Male - 27 Years Old
Can't wait. Most excited for Cranston and Mulligan.
01:01 PM on 05/19/11 
User Info.
terrycw89
"Guy Lodge: DRIVE (A-) I won't lie to you: I pretty much want to have sex with this movie. Hot, clipped, nasty, beautiful. Best thing in Competition."
02:47 PM on 05/19/11 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
I find Gosling to be our generation's answer to Keanu, though Keanu is still sort of our generation to Keanu. He wants to be our generation's Pacino or DeNiro, though. It's not working out for him.

I can't even grasp this statement. His performances alone in Blue Valentine, Lars and the Real Girl and Half Nelson disprove all of that. Keanu couldn't perform those roles if his family was held at gunpoint. And I don't see the comparison to Deniro or Pacino either. He's just being him and as far as I can see, he's a nice dude that's been able to keep his credibility even though he starred in one of the biggest chick-flick, Nicolas Sparks nonsense ever released.
03:12 PM on 05/19/11 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
I can't even grasp this statement. His performances alone in Blue Valentine, Lars and the Real Girl and Half Nelson disprove all of that. Keanu couldn't perform those roles if his family was held at gunpoint. And I don't see the comparison to Deniro or Pacino either. He's just being him and as far as I can see, he's a nice dude that's been able to keep his credibility even though he starred in one of the biggest chick-flick, Nicolas Sparks nonsense ever released.

His role in Blue Valentine was one of the poorest attempts at genuine emotion I've ever seen on screen. He's so hollow, so unsure of what he wants to be, his performance in Lars and the Real Girl was even worse. I cannot speak bad on behalf of Half Nelson because the role called for the sort of approach he takes to everything, but Gosling has absolutely never been impressive. Keanu DOESN'T try to perform those sort of roles because he knows they're above him, Gosling doesn't seem to think so and keeps reaching for the stars and missing. I don't mean that he tries to be a DeNiro or a Pacino, but he seems to channel the same type of gravitas.

But anyways, I really like the clips from this, and I must say I really enjoy Gosling in them as well, so I may stand corrected upon release.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos