AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Believe You Me - For the Record Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.25
Musicianship 8.75
Lyrics 8.25
Production 8.75
Creativity 8
Lasting Value 9.25
Reviewer Tilt 9.25
Final Verdict: 86%
Member Ratings
Vocals 9.5
Musicianship 9.25
Lyrics 9.5
Production 9.75
Creativity 9
Lasting Value 9.25
Reviewer Tilt 10
Average: 95%
Inside AP.net

Believe You Me - For the Record

Reviewed by: inthemidst (01/18/11)
Believe You Me - For the Record
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: October 25th, 2010

Who?

Believe You Me is an unsigned (labels read me!) aggressive pop-punk band from up in Chi-town, Illinois. They’re looking to make noise this coming year with the release of their debut full-length For the Record.

How is it?

Despite this overcrowded genre, it’s actually quite good; maybe even good enough to stand out from the pack. This record has all the elements of a solid and fun pop-punk venture with heavy guitar riffs aplenty in the vein of Four Year Strong and Hit the Lights, a straight-forward lyrical approach, and a lights-out, double-bass happy drummer that is balls-to-the-wall, you’ll have a hard time not hitting repeat.

Lead-off track “Back to Haunt You” displays the kind of aggressiveness that’s addictively melodic simultaneously. As the transition to the bridge comes, the song comes together in full force as the vocals cry out “I’m telling you, it’s all coming back to haunt you,” and the aforementioned instrumentals split your side for another one. “Forget Her” is another favorable track with a heavy guitar lead, and one more catchy chorus. Seriously, these guys sound like vets. I have no idea where they came from, but I want to know where, so I can find more.

Believe me, I realize I’m sounding uncharacteristically hyperbolic, but this kind of music has that effect on me, I suppose. This review is at risk of losing what little credibility I have. However, it’s worth the risk to get these guys noticed.

Recommended If You LikeI Call Fives, New Found Glory, Four Year Strong, Hit the Lights, "Good" pop-punk that is proving daily it's not dead.

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
01:45 PM on 02/02/11
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
The last paragraph sounds a bit jaded now that a staff member reviewed it. Submitted this about three weeks ago originally, haha.
03:40 PM on 02/02/11
So-Crates
Registered Member
User Info.
people need to get on this, great debut
05:09 PM on 02/02/11
shawnPLAGUES
Steve Holt is a bastard.
User Info.
This album is really good.
09:00 AM on 02/09/11
SingledOut
Hard Luck
User Info.
I don't know how i missed this! I just found it while getting on our profile page haha. But seriously loved reading it and thanks so much for the support dude! "Good" pop-punk that is proving daily it's not dead, this made me cheese.
12:44 PM on 02/09/11
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
I don't know how i missed this! I just found it while getting on our profile page haha. But seriously loved reading it and thanks so much for the support dude! "Good" pop-punk that is proving daily it's not dead, this made me cheese.
Glad to hear it bro, thanks for the comment!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums