AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tooth & Nail Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

New Hawk Tunes

Posted by - 07:49 PM on 01/19/11
Three new Hawk Nelson songs are streaming on Facebook.

Submitted by sammyboy516

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
07:51 PM on 01/19/11
Drown_The_City
A contender now throwing the fight
User Info.
I used to like this band and these songs remind me of why they never became a favorite
07:53 PM on 01/19/11
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
I wish this band was better.
07:55 PM on 01/19/11
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
Used to love this band back in 04-05... Still want to see them once.
08:05 PM on 01/19/11
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
I used to love this band so much, not so much anymore. . Saw them a bunch of times too.
08:14 PM on 01/19/11
Madasahatter93
User Info.
Homophobic assholes! I really wish this site wouldn't support these ignorant people!!!
08:23 PM on 01/19/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Homophobic assholes! I really wish this site wouldn't support these ignorant people!!!
They haven't sung about that in 7 years. How do you know they're still homophobic?
08:32 PM on 01/19/11
sammyboy516
User Info.
these songs really remind me of Letter to the President, which is a great thing. also, clips of the album and the bonus acoustic album are on amazon. they sound really good.
09:16 PM on 01/19/11
cubs223425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If it makes you feel any better, I absolutely love that song because they shamelessly profess their views, controversial or not.

When a Christian promotes controversial views, he gets skewered. When non-Christians promote controversial things, they get called innovators or progressives.

Oh, well. People know that not supporting homosexuality is not equivalent to a fear of it.
09:31 PM on 01/19/11
Kevin360
User Info.
If it makes you feel any better, I absolutely love that song because they shamelessly profess their views, controversial or not.

When a Christian promotes controversial views, he gets skewered. When non-Christians promote controversial things, they get called innovators or progressives.

Oh, well. People know that not supporting homosexuality is not equivalent to a fear of it.
Well said, sir.
11:35 PM on 01/19/11
handlikesecret
inverted-album-art.tumblr.com
User Info.

i support you, good sir.

that being said, these songs aren't fantastic. i used to be really into these guys, but i think i just moved on. still seem like completely respectable dudes though.
06:47 AM on 01/20/11
Facemelter42
User Info.

i totally agree.
06:58 AM on 01/20/11
dangerofthought
An Uneducated Opinion
User Info.

They haven't sung about that in 7 years. How do you know they're still homophobic?

Wait, what? I've been listening to Hawk Nelson since Letters to the President, but its been a long time and I don't remember any homophobic lyrics. Can someone fill me in?
08:30 AM on 01/20/11
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.

Very well put and very true.

That said, through my (admittedly sparse) listen of these dudes I don't remember any homophobic lyrics... what exactly were they?

Frankly, I feel like they've released way too much in way too short a time.
09:42 AM on 01/20/11
cubs223425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Very well put and very true.

That said, through my (admittedly sparse) listen of these dudes I don't remember any homophobic lyrics... what exactly were they?

Frankly, I feel like they've released way too much in way too short a time.
I'm glad you asked...

On the title track from, Letter to the President, they sing:

"Same-sex marriage in a state where they don't care
Murder is wrong but the jail time's not fair
Not to mention date rape, felony and car theft
Break it down and tell me what we've got left."

Because it's anti-gay, the world calls it fear of gay, for some reason I do not understand.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos