Username
Password
Emery News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 161.
10:11 AM on 02/01/11
cubs223425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am going to have to wait until I get out of work to check this out.
Here it is on YouTube if anyone wants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAMdtfsiWKQ
10:12 AM on 02/01/11
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
I love Emery, I've imported all their CDs down under so far, but this... is just not a good song. In fact, it's worse than 'The Party Song'. This is the least creative heavy stuff they've ever written. Stupid 12 year old kids convincing them that the screamz were what we liked about their older stuff. The good part of this song is over literally ten seconds after it begins and all the heavy stuff is just Matt playing really repetitive single chord stuff (I guess that's 'hardcore' music for ya)

Number of breakdowns in the entirety of "The Weak's End": 1
Number of breakdowns in this song alone: 5

How much you like this song will depend on if you interpret that as a positive or not.
Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm just disappointed with the creative output of such a creative group. I should remember that I didn't like the first songs I heard from any of their albums. Don't let me down, guys!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Emery's clean vocals >>>>>>>>>>>> Emery's "heavy" stuff. It's catering to the 16 year old WE NEEDZ HEAVY SO WE CAN BOP AROUND IN PIT crowd.
OMGitsAndrew
I like music.
User Info.
I love Emery, I've imported all their CDs down under so far, but this... is just not a good song. In fact, it's worse than 'The Party Song'. This is the least creative heavy stuff they've ever written. Stupid 12 year old kids convincing them that the screamz were what we liked about their older stuff. The good part of this song is over literally ten seconds after it begins and all the heavy stuff is just Matt playing really repetitive single chord stuff (I guess that's 'hardcore' music for ya)

How much you like this song will depend on if you interpret that as a positive or not.
Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm just disappointed with the creative output of such a creative group. I should remember that I didn't like the first songs I heard from any of their albums. Don't let me down, guys!
I understand what you are saying here. I feel that there are a bit too many breakdowns. But I love the song as a whole. The transitions are fantastic in my opinion and I'm glad that Josh pretty much owned the entire song with his screams. I always felt he was a great screamer, and should be utilised a little more at times. In the end, I'm happy with the result. I find the song to be incredible.

Plus, I'm sure the whole album won't be this way.
ned.89
ned89
User Info.

weak's end had a lot more than 1 breakdown.
10:14 AM on 02/01/11
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Yeah, I'm still not sold on this song. "The Curse of Perfect Days" is really good, but this is subpar. I really hope it grows on me; this is the first Emery song I've disliked.
10:15 AM on 02/01/11
genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
nope. there's a moment in "disguising mistakes" that could technically be called a breakdown, but other than that the only breakdown (rhythmic repetition of a single low chord) is at the end of "walls". sure there are 'heavy parts', but they're all more creative than just breakdowns
10:16 AM on 02/01/11
astretch4glory
User Info.
My thoughts too! The cd starts on a breakdown and has another one at the end of the song. So thats two in the first song. Sounds like this guy needs to do more homework.
x13looDx
User Info.
Really like emery, "While Broken Hearts Prevail" was awesome, but everything they've done was great
astretch4glory
User Info.
nope. there's a moment in "disguising mistakes" that could technically be called a breakdown, but other than that the only breakdown (rhythmic repetition of a single low chord) is at the end of "walls". sure there are 'heavy parts', but they're all more creative than just breakdowns
They're is more than one type of "breakdown".
10:17 AM on 02/01/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
The breakdowns are awful. It sounds like they're taking cues from The Devil Wears Prada. "Walls" had better heavy parts, and that was written when the whole breakdown sound was trendy... This song starts out pretty bad, gets progressively better, and then drops off again significantly towards the end.

I dunno, maybe this just isn't my thing anymore. I'm going to stick to the first two albums, which, after all this time, are still amazing.
10:18 AM on 02/01/11
xtbs7645x
User Info.
loving this song.. I just wish they would used some deeper screams here and there (like the second time he screams "repetition").. overall enjoying :) think i hear devin on the second verse? digging the heavy, but still hope theres some in shallow seas.. (song) type stuff
The Grey Man
Team Larz
User Info.
I actually like it

genericmadness
Registered Loser
User Info.
My thoughts too! The cd starts on a breakdown and has another one at the end of the song. So thats two in the first song. Sounds like this guy needs to do more homework.
that's not a breakdown! i think you guys are confused. breakdown does not just mean 'heavy part'. trust me bro, the weak's end is probably my most listened to album OF ALL TIME

here's an example of a 'breakdown' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TFn92bPcnY
10:19 AM on 02/01/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Its not bad. If this is the heaviest song on the record I'll be happy, the breakdown at the beginning just seems tacked on.
10:19 AM on 02/01/11
koohyuko
User Info.
I'm really digging this song. Looks like this album will have some really heavy stuff, and some really light stuff.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums