Password

Album Review

Redondo Beat - Meet Redondo Beat Album Cover

Redondo Beat - Meet Redondo Beat

Reviewed by
Redondo Beat - Meet Redondo Beat
Record Label: Dionysus Records
January 11, 2011
Whatever Redondo Beat were hoping achieve with their album, it is my sincere hope that the illusion of originality was not on the top of their list. It does not appear to be that way. What they have achieved is an album that, while never life-changing, is thoroughly listenable. Their songs are pleasant to listen to, although they do tend to blend into one another. For me, this kind of music tends to serve itself best as background music.

From the opening guitar of the first track it's not hard to figure out what The Redondo Beat are all about. The easiest comparison is early Beatles. What we have here is pleasant, danceable guitar pop - the kind the Beatles were famous for in their early years. One could almost argue that this album is through and through an homage to the early 60s. However lacking in depth you might think the lyrics to I Saw Her Standing There are, it's a deep philosophical statement compared to the lyrics penned by Redondo Beat A look at the list of song titles is all you need to see just how buried in clichés Redondo Beat are. “My Baby”, “Break-A-Heart”, and “Shoop Shoop” are a few of the most unoriginal titles I have ever heard.

Redondo Beat have a pleasant sound that anyone looking for a throwback to the carefree sound of the early 60s will appreciate. Admittedly lacking in depth or originality, what we have here is a band that knows exactly what it wants to do, and does it well enough to make for a fun listen. It works best as background music while relaxing or possibly for listening to at work after hearing Katy Perry for the billionth time leaves you longing for a time when pop music was actually pleasurable.

Recommended If You Likeearly Beatles, early 60s pop

www.myspace.com/redondobeat
This review is a user submitted review from hokusman. You can see all of hokusman's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version