Username
Password
Drama News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Drama
Inside AP.net

Whose Manager?

Posted by: Adam Pfleider (02/23/11)
The Arcade Fire's manager has responded to the NY Times ad.
From the LetterArcade Fire are now one of the biggest live acts in the world. It's not all about record sales. It's about making great records and it's about building a loyal fan base. Ther band make great albums, they're not a radio driven singles band. On top of that, they own their own masters and copyrights and are in complete control of their own destiny. Things couldn't be better.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 92
01:30 PM on 02/23/11
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Oh shit! That's pretty great that they own their own masters and copyrights.
01:31 PM on 02/23/11
sjb2k1
User Info.
nice. really, really nice.
01:32 PM on 02/23/11
MichaelShore
"Family Love Michael"
User Info.
I see what you did there with the news post title...
01:33 PM on 02/23/11
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
User Info.
Don't care for their style of music too much, but kudos to them for winning the Grammy on their own backs and not off the record industry teat
01:36 PM on 02/23/11
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Just rubbing it in the music exec's face that they AF own all their own shit.
01:36 PM on 02/23/11
Colinmac36
User Info.
this guy shouldn't have even responded to that ridiculous advertisement yesterday. it was a huge win for indie / alternative / rock fans when they(arcade fire) won, even if you don't like their music, right now i think they represent something bigger than that, so im still loving every bit of this.
01:37 PM on 02/23/11
cshadows2887
User Info.
Nice. Usually I'm all for taking the high road, but in the case of blatant misinformation, setting the record straight is a very good idea. Well-played.
01:37 PM on 02/23/11
eriatarka24
User Info.
Hahaha OWNED! This is awesome.

p.s love the title.
01:38 PM on 02/23/11
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
User Info.
Nice.
01:39 PM on 02/23/11
Plus155
Keep it Crispy
User Info.
I thought The Suburbs won album of the year.
01:40 PM on 02/23/11
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.
Love it.
01:40 PM on 02/23/11
Fox83
User Info.
I see both sides in this debate, but I have to argue that the NY Times writer doesn't really anchor himself to any concrete argument. He seems to contradict himself. The only thing I take away from it is that popular artists, regardless of talent or contribution toward the overall product, deserves AOTY because they "shape" our culture? So Train should have been nominated because I hear "Hey, Soul Sister" on every damn ad I see on TV?

I'm not a big Arcade Fire fan simply because I've never taken the time to listen to their albums. The ONLY song I actively searched for after hearing was Wake Up, but the ALTERNATE version from Where The Wild Things are soundtrack. It was never fully released. I digress.

Anyway, regardless, this NY Times guy seems to just be upset that the Grammy's were given to the underdog and he sees that as some image ploy by the Grammy's. I personally was rooting for Eminem, but if Arcade Fire's album is their best work then I'll agree they should have beaten him.
01:44 PM on 02/23/11
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
I see both sides in this debate, but I have to argue that the NY Times writer doesn't really anchor himself to any concrete argument. He seems to contradict himself. The only thing I take away from it is that popular artists, regardless of talent or contribution toward the overall product, deserves AOTY because they "shape" our culture? So Train should have been nominated because I hear "Hey, Soul Sister" on every damn ad I see on TV?

I'm not a big Arcade Fire fan simply because I've never taken the time to listen to their albums. The ONLY song I actively searched for after hearing was Wake Up, but the ALTERNATE version from Where The Wild Things are soundtrack. It was never fully released. I digress.

Anyway, regardless, this NY Times guy seems to just be upset that the Grammy's were given to the underdog and he sees that as some image ploy by the Grammy's. I personally was rooting for Eminem, but if Arcade Fire's album is their best work then I'll agree they should have beaten him.
Nobody from the Times wrote that ad.
01:46 PM on 02/23/11
sjb2k1
User Info.

it was a music industry exec
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums