Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Digital Veil: The Video

Posted by: Matthew Tsai (03/01/11)
The Human Abstract's music video for the track "Digital Veil" can be seen in the replies. Also, clips from their new album can be heard here.

Submitted by TriangularDuck

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
03:48 PM on 03/01/11
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
04:24 PM on 03/01/11
canvasofwinter
User Info.
So, so boring. These guys have really gone downhill on this album.
04:30 PM on 03/01/11
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
This is so good.
04:38 PM on 03/01/11
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
So, so boring. These guys have really gone downhill on this album.
holy shit, did you even listen to Midheaven? I mean, I like Midheaven, but it was a big step down from Nocturne, which I love. This seems like a real return to form. Nothing downhill about it, I listened to Nocturne earlier today and all the songs released from Digital Veil definitely hold up to the Nocturne material.

Also, this song is so good. I've had that fucking PULL ME FROM THE GALLOWS breakdown stuck in my head since they released the fucking teaser video that featured it.
04:47 PM on 03/01/11
ryanwilcox
User Info.
awesome.
04:48 PM on 03/01/11
Jaimehere
Support local music!
User Info.
not downhill, they just got heavier, but the other songs from the album that have been put up are better than this IMO
05:16 PM on 03/01/11
armoireofdoom
User Info.
This album is going to be awesome.
06:06 PM on 03/01/11
canvasofwinter
User Info.
holy shit, did you even listen to Midheaven? I mean, I like Midheaven, but it was a big step down from Nocturne, which I love. This seems like a real return to form. Nothing downhill about it, I listened to Nocturne earlier today and all the songs released from Digital Veil definitely hold up to the Nocturne material.

Also, this song is so good. I've had that fucking PULL ME FROM THE GALLOWS breakdown stuck in my head since they released the fucking teaser video that featured it.
Haha, I knew someone was going to bring up Midheaven as soon as I typed that.

I'm still not feeling the new stuff. Midheaven was a mess, but everything off Digital Veil feels really Metal By Numbers to me.
07:27 PM on 03/01/11
signal to noise
User Info.
i saw this band live back in '08 and wasnt feeling it at all. this song is a little more interesting (and not at all due to change of vocalist) but still doesnt do much for me. if i wanted to listen to constant riffing i'd rock the new Protest The Hero \m/ hahahah
08:00 PM on 03/01/11
RiverRunsRed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that guitarist in the wife beater is so awkward
08:08 PM on 03/01/11
xplosivo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
not downhill, they just got heavier, but the other songs from the album that have been put up are better than this IMO
Definitely agree, the other songs have more of a progressive feel with quieter guitar interludes and singing. I'm just not a fan of incessant screaming with nothing to break it up. Although the pull me from the gallows bit at the end is pretty sick .
08:28 PM on 03/01/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.

You know, depsite critical acclaim I thought Midheaven was boring too. I did a double take the other day because I noticed how I gave all songs on Midheaven a 3 or 4 which is low compared to Nocturne's all 4s and 5s.
08:31 PM on 03/01/11
guitarman2189
User Info.
This track is definitely my least favorite out of the previewed tracks from the new album. With that said, I was really impressed with the other 2, this one is not bad but does not compare. There is no question that this album as a whole is a step in the right direction for them. I cannot wait for it to drop next week!
09:21 PM on 03/01/11
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
I'm taking bets they'll get a new singer on thier next album.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests