AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 85.
10:48 AM on 03/14/11
Jake Denning
User Info.
I reviewed this album about a week ago too and gave it the same score -- Demon Teeth and Falling Awake definitely were my favorite tracks.
10:54 AM on 03/14/11
Hidden In NJ
Cilvia Demo
User Info.
Enjoyed the debut, will check this out. Good review Drew.
11:03 AM on 03/14/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great album =D
11:11 AM on 03/14/11
lfjlol
Drifting into eternity
User Info.
This band in a nutshell.
im upset. i always look forward to what you have to say, and thats all you could muster up? anyways. i love this album. definitely improved from their debut, which is also very solid.
11:13 AM on 03/14/11
SourStuff
Five Body Blade Vocalist
User Info.
I love both albums, but this one has much better songs. I worked out at the gym to this last night... OMG best work out ever.
11:41 AM on 03/14/11
pnkhrdwndr
User Info.
I really like this band. They seem like one of the few actual creative bands around. The only thing I did not like on this album i the use of auto tune on the song Be Longing Always when the clean singer is singing the chorus, it drives me insane every time.
11:45 AM on 03/14/11
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
This album is insanely good. The put everything together so well. The words are stand out.
12:03 PM on 03/14/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
was i the only one who loved their first full length? i could just tell from that album that they'd do great things and this album does not disappoint. great stuff. just wished that they made a few more songs like "this lost song is yours", songs that are not as ferocious, but melodically great and backed with great vocals. the guy has pipes.
I loved their first CD and this is a great follow up. While I'm glad that this received a great score it irritates me with the attitude that it's like miles better than their debut. It's honestly a great continuation of their first CD; nothing is too terribly different (maybe less melody this time). I noticed the same with the review for Bring Me The Horizon's new CD on this site. They act like it's so much better than Suicide Season when really it's about on the same page (I found both to be excellent).
12:06 PM on 03/14/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I thought the album was fantastic. It's the best thing I've heard from anyone heavy in quite some time, including TDWP, UO, and HtD.

The reasoning I think this is better? There isn't a single track I dislike one bit. On Disambiguation, which you rated a 94%, there aren't any songs that stand out as fantastic. To be honest, the life almost feels sucked out of the music on some of the songs. The cleans of Spencer felt forced, yet weak. Here, Rapp just belts out great melodies with solid screaming, while almost seamlessly transitioning between the two (granted, this is Spencer's first go at it full-time on the full duty of vocals in UO).

I agree with what you've said in the review, but I definitely don't think that the rating matches the talent of the band, the quality of the album, or the description used in the review. I'd agree with that 97.5% Reviewer Tilt rating for the album, but not an 81%.

TCM's debut lasted me for a long time before getting a little stale (because it lacked a lot of great tracks...some are good, but not a song I crave to hear ever), but this is such a meaty album that I could play it non-stop for a month and still be in love with what's been provided by these talented young men.
I agree with the Uø remark. It was definitely a quality CD but for the first time in Uø's discography not a single song stands out for me. In fact, I routinely skip it when it shows up on Shuffle. Even "Lost.." (considered not as good as "Define..") has stand out/memorable songs.
12:16 PM on 03/14/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
im upset. i always look forward to what you have to say, and thats all you could muster up? anyways. i love this album. definitely improved from their debut, which is also very solid.
Sorry man, I didn't know my comments were highly anticipated. But I stand by my brief statement, band is solid but nothing special.
12:47 PM on 03/14/11
Attalus
Attalus
User Info.
First album was so refreshing in a scene filled with such "copycat" bands in this genre...this album, not so much. This album is repetitive, includes too many breakdowns so often heard already, and showcases less clean vocals, which were huge for them on first album. Very disappointed with this release.
01:49 PM on 03/14/11
MichaelCarnahan
Development Arrested.
User Info.
This is a very positive step for these guys. It's one notch above their first album, and about 12 notches above nearly everyone else in the genre. If they can keep improving with each new release I can see great things for these guys in the future.
02:32 PM on 03/14/11
Emmure408
User Info.
band continues to rule hard
02:47 PM on 03/14/11
whoelsebutchris
User Info.
Such a sick album. I'm going to have this on repeat for a couple of weeks. Personally my favorite song on the album was Falling Awake, perfect combo of being both heavy and catchy. I thought it was huge improvement over their debut album which also was good, but lacked that something that stands out in metalcore. Great review!
03:40 PM on 03/14/11
cheaphighs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree completely, the breakdowns are nothing new. They pull down the rest of the record which consists of some legitamately good parts. The Breakdowns make you sound like any other wannabe band. And I could have expected Absolutepunk to give it such a good review...A good band trying to fit the groove and ruining it.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests